8AM - 5PM
$45,624 - $65,436
The Highlander One Stop Counter (HOSS) is a campus initiative that has consolidated services to maximize efficiency, improve customer (student) services, and to foster staff development and interaction. Consolidation of the student services functions, mainly Financial Aid, Registrar, Student Business Services, and Undergraduate Admissions, has increased efficiency and improved the manner in which the services are delivered to customers. The overall goal of the HOSS is to create a customer service oriented environment that establishes a welcoming sense of transparency and accessibility for UCR students. Incumbent must be able to maintain a high level of organization in the administration of duties with frequent interruptions and adjust priorities as circumstances dictate. Incumbent will be required to work in a complex environment providing high level independent customer service to walk-in traffic addressing a wide range of questions that require an in-depth knowledge of various systems, processes, and federal and state regulations. Incumbents must be able to work independently, use sound professional judgment, and work in a diverse environment. This position will report to the HOSS Supervisor and have an indirect reporting line to Undergraduate Admissions. Additionally, the incumbent will provide information and assistance to customers regarding procedures, policies, regulations and programs governing the areas of Financial Aid, Registrar, Student Business Services, and Undergraduate Admissions. Come join our team and contribute to UCR's reputation for extraordinary diversity, superior value, groundbreaking research and graduates who succeed.
The budgeted hiring range for this position is $20.59 to $22.05 an hour.
1. Four (4) years demonstrated related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Communication Skills-General
Skill communicating effectively and professionally using tact and diplomacy.
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
4. Customer Service
Experience within a customer service oriented environment responding to and meeting/exceeding the needs of customers.
Skill in interacting diplomatically with the public in a high volume, continuous public contact setting.
Skill in identifying the customer's perspective and maintaining a commitment to excellence in customer service.
Skill in listening, anticipating, and responding to the needs of customers to achieve excellent customer service measured by outcomes rather than activities.
Skill in understanding and interpreting the department's policies and procedures to customers.
Ability to interact effectively with department staff as well as campus and outside community.
Ability to work effectively as an individual, a team member, and with diverse groups.
5. Math Skills-General
Skill in adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
Ability to compute ratios, rates, and percentages.
6. Organizational Skills
Skill in accurate record keeping with strict attention to detail.
Skill in organizing tasks, documents and materials with efficiency and accuracy.
7. PC Skills-General
Skill in creating and editing documents in word processing applications using moderately advanced features.
Experience with Internet search engines for data gathering purposes.
Experience using e-mail messaging and automated calendaring systems.
8. Writing Skills-General
Skill to independently draft letters and memos for signature or review by supervisor/manger, using correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, composition, text editing, and proof reading skills.
Skill to independently draft correspondence pertaining to the operations, policies and procedures of the functional area.
9. Data-Entry and Keyboarding Skills
Skill to type rapidly and accurately.
Skill in entering, transcribing, recording, or maintaining information in electronic or written format.
1. Knowledge of UC Policies and Procedures
Knowledge of the applicable UC Policies and procedures governing areas related to the responsibilities of the job.
2. UC Online Systems Experience
Demonstrated experience with Banner and Banner Document Management (BDM) systems.
3. Administrative Experience-Academic Environment
Administrative experience in an academic environment providing administrative support to staff and/or faculty.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview