Computer Facilities Assistant
Computer Facilities Assistant
Mt. San Antonio College
Job Category: Classified
Time (Percent Time): 47.5%
Term (months/year): 12 months per year
Current Work Schedule (days, hours): Wednesday-Thursday, 9:00am-3:00pm; Friday, 9:00am-4:30pm
Salary Range: 79
Salary: $1,931 - $2,465 per month (Amount is pro-rated)
Health & Welfare: Employees working less than fifty (50%) percent are not eligible for health and welfare benefits. The District participates in the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS), State Teachers’ Retirement System (STRS) retirement programs, and MetLife Social Security Alternative Plan. *Note Salary and Health & Welfare Benefits are subject to change
Department: Information Technology
Open Date: 04/10/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
This position is responsible for directing activities and providing assistance to student workers and hourly staff in a learning laboratory environment.
Essential Duties/Major Responsibilities:
• Troubleshoots software and hardware problems
• May assist in training new student workers
• Provides training to faculty, staff and students on equipment and software
• Installs and tests new software
• Installs new/replacement hardware
• Oversees and coordinates team projects
• Assists in demonstrating to students and faculty effective methods of using available equipment and facilities
• Completes service requests and provides recordkeeping and reports
• Creates master software images for computer installation
• Operates a variety of instructional equipment, including computer terminals, printers, and scanners
• Maintains computer lab in a safe, clean, and orderly condition
• Assists in securing lab equipment
• Learns and applies emerging technologies as necessary to perform duties in an efficient, organized, and timely manner
Performs related duties as required
• Organization, operations, policies and objectives
• Utilization of search engines and functions of the internet
• Advanced technology and operation of PCs and MAC
• Record keeping techniques
• Maintenance of computer equipment
• Various computer software applications
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
• Effective oral and written communication skills
Skills and Abilities:
• Troubleshoot technical problems
• Provide leadership within a technical team
• Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures
• Compile, organize, and analyze statistical data
• Work confidentially with discretion
• Plan, organize and prioritize work
• Meet schedules and time lines
• Work independently with little direction
• Understand and follow oral and written directions
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Understand scope of authority in making independent decisions
• Review situations accurately and determine appropriate action according to established guidelines
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
Minimum Qualifications/Education & Experience:
Any combination equivalent to graduation from high school supplemented by college level coursework or training in information technology or directly related field and at least one (1) full-time equivalent year of technical experience required.
License(s) & Other Requirements:
Employees may periodically be required to operate a vehicle that necessitates possession of a valid California driver’s license. Such employees must have the ability to secure and maintain a valid California driver’s license.
•Office environment. •Fast paced environment during certain times of the school year.
•Hearing and speaking to exchange information. •Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard. •Seeing to read a variety of materials. •Sitting or standing for extended periods of time. •Repetitive use of upper extremities including hand coordination activities. •Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling moderately heavy objects up to 40 lbs.
Instructions re: Confidential Letter of Recommendation:
Conditions of Employment:
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been live-scanned and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for live-scan services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees - The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: http://www.mtsac.edu/safety/pdf/2014ASRFinal.pdf
The person holding this position is considered a ‘Responsible Employee’ under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the College’s Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
Typing Certificate Requirements:
First Review of Applications: Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; however, those submitted by 11:59 p.m. (PST) on May 4, 2017 are assured consideration.
Applicants must submit all of the following materials online at http://hrjobs.mtsac.edu to be considered for this position:
1. A Mt. San Antonio College online application.
2. A cover letter describing how the applicant meets the required education and experience.
3. A detailed résumé that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position.
4. Two letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation).
5. College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree (if applicable) are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
Please note: A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through the Office of Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE MT. SAN ANTONIO COLLEGE DISTRICT WILL NOT SPONSOR ANY VISA APPLICATIONS.
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline.
Office of Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: email@example.com.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be guaranteed consideration, it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all required materials are received before the initial screening date and time indicated on the job posting. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. All application materials will become College property, will not be returned, and will not be copied. Please visit our employment website at http://hrjobs.mtsac.edu to complete and submit your application for this position.
The College is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the College is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (gender), age, sexual orientation, or the perception that a person has one or more of these characteristics.
Conflict of Interest:
Conflict of Interest
Cancel RTF Policy:
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO RE-OPEN, RE-ADVERTISE, DELAY OR CANCEL FILLING THIS POSITION. THIS RECRUITMENT MAY BE USED TO FILL FUTURE VACANCIES.
To apply, visit: https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu/