Posting Number: 20171337S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 181-Geography and the Environment
Provides lead administrative support to the Graduate Program Director in the administration of the department's graduate program. Provides support to the department by monitoring science teaching and research lab safety, equipment, supplies, maintenance, set-ups, and budgets.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support to the Graduate Program Director by managing graduate student applications, answering basic application queries, managing graduate student academic files, managing graduate course schedules, scheduling thesis proposal defenses, thesis defenses, managing graduate program files, and maintenance of all graduate program databases.
- Maintain laboratory science equipment performance in teaching and research labs by establishing quality standards; developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring safety compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair. Set up laboratory exercises. Serve on College Lab Safety Committee.
- Maintain and track teaching and research lab budgets. Order and track equipment and expendable supplies.
- Support department functions: e.g., open houses, majors fairs, and social events, etc.
- Support department outreach projects.
- Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, environmental studies, geography, or related field is preferred
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- The candidate must demonstrate verbal and written communication skills so that he/she can communicate with potential graduate students and explain application procedures. Candidate should have skills to become proficient with University application and enrollment tracking software.
- Must be familiar with computer work stations. Must be able to work with basic science lab equipment.
- Minimum of one year of related work experience is preferred.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 04/21/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: $42,000 to 43,000
Salary Band: G
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/11408
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.