Systems Support Engineer
Serve as a member of the Network Systems team supporting all aspects (design, implementation and operation) of the law school's network and supporting infrastructure. Manage assigned network projects and report to Systems Manager on project status.
Also responsible as the primary Systems liaison for the IT Support department providing Level 3 support the day-to-day operations of the law school. Under the general direction of the Support Manager, providing high level technology systems and support services for classrooms, computer labs, the law library, faculty offices and administrative departments along with law students with personal laptops.
Research, evaluate, propose, and deploy new technology within the existing LawNET infrastructure. Monitor and optimize system performance in a complex multi-platform environment. Research and analyze complex or unique technical problems and make recommendations for changes and/or improvements to the network infrastructure. Be a self-starter and be able to maintain several simultaneous projects within projected timeframes. Participate in regular staff meetings giving input and status reports of current and pending projects.
Applicants must submit their qualifications via UCLA's Career Opportunities website at https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu Reference position # 25682. AA/EEO
The complete listing of qualifications is available on UCLA's official job posting.
- Strong customer service orientation and demonstrated interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty, staff, and students. Demonstrated ability to effectively interface, negotiate and exchange ideas, information and opinions with a variety of internal and external organizations and stakeholders in order to gather information, assess situations, build consensus, reduce resistance to change, and resolve conflicts.
- Verbal communications and interpersonal skills sufficient to effectively convey complex technical policies and principles to executives, faculty, staff, students and vendors. Ability to make oral presentations and to coordinate and develop training programs to meet the needs of varying levels of users.
- Working knowledge of basic networking principles, applications, protocols and hardware. Strong knowledge in computer and networking architecture preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in managing/supporting enterprise data networks including both LAN and WAN with strong networking diagnostic skills as well as proficiency in "Cisco CatOS" and "Cisco IOS" switch operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft software products commonly used in the higher education environment such as Windows Server, Active Directory, SMS, Exchange, Group Policies, Hyper-V, SharePoint and IIS to name a few.
- Skill in troubleshooting hardware, software and network connectivity issues.
- Working knowledge of centralized management tools for PC configuration control, application deployment, unattended OS installations/imaging, asset management, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of networked, multimedia Windows workstation configuration including associated input and output devices. Mac knowledge preferred.
- Technical proficiency using common business software from Microsoft and others to efficiently communicate and manage projects (especially the MS Office Suite).
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an average of three weeks' vacation per year; an average of 12 days per year sick leave; 13 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan with 5 year vesting and various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There are also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, and the University Credit Union.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy - http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct