Web Development Supervisor
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Software Development Manager, the Web Development Supervisor will plan, coordinate, and supervise all activities related to web portals, web sites, and web services. This role requires the ability to supervise and maintain web development through code standards, code documentation and the use of a code repository. This position will apply communication skills and problem solving skills to lead a team of developers in design, development, and training a wide range of custom web solutions.
TYPE OF SUPERVISION RECEIVED: The incumbent will receive instructions, direction, and guidance from the Software Development Manager. New code standards and design patterns will be reviewed with the Software Development Manager for final approval. In addition, the Software Development Manager will meet weekly to review the overall project portfolio, project priorities and the status of projects.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions: 100% of time
- Work collaboratively with functional departments to develop, implement, and maintain web solutions to meet the University’s objectives.
- Collaborate with the University community to implement and monitor web solutions, content management systems, and custom developed applications.
- Optimize the presence, functionality and navigation of the web applications as required.
- Develop integration with other software, systems, social media, and related technology to ensure maximum benefit for the university’s educational and communication needs.
- Create SharePoint sites, sub-sites, forms, custom lists, reports, site navigation, site search and workflows to support functional requirements.
- Develop strategy to integrate SharePoint sites with Oracle Database.
- Develop and document standards, design patterns and perform code reviews to ensure that team members are following standards, documenting projects and checking code into the code repository.
- Work with other development teams to leverage web services and API integration with other systems, including Banner, Salesforce, Regent, Image Now, Self Service, and other custom solutions.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of five years of web development and content management experience for both public-facing websites and internal portal systems.
- Minimum of three years of experience with relations database systems, such as Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL.
- Minimum of three years creating web services, SOAP, REST, and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Minimum of three years leading a team of web developers.
- Experience working with the latest versions of .NET.
- Experience with responsive design and stylesheet coding.
- Management/supervisory experience and organizational skills a plus.
Knowledge and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent customer service skills. Strong verbal and written communication, design, and listening skills. Ability to interact with a wide variety of constituents.
- Strong creative and design skills to prepare user-friendly web solutions; technical expertise and ability to learn new computer applications and technologies.
- Strong project management skills. Strong client consultation and interpersonal skills.
Machines, Tools, Equipment, Electronic Devices and Software: Computer equipment including but not limited to desktops, laptops, and peripherals. Web based systems and installed software packages, including web tools and software such as ASP, ASP.NET, JAVA, SharePoint, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, HTML tools, MS Office, MS Visio, search engines and content management packages.