Under general direction from the Director of Creative Services, the Production Manager is responsible for managing a variety of projects and processes within the Marketing Department at Brandman. This position includes management of and trafficking of all projects within Marketing and working with both internal team members as well as external departments, campuses and vendors to manage projects from submission to completion. This position involves working with external agencies and production partners to ensure projects are completed on time, on budget and that all involved parties are working toward the established goal.
TYPE OF SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Limited supervision from the Director of Creative Services
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions: 100% of time
- Manage the production workflow from submission to completion
- Work to ensure creative briefs are completed properly before projects are activated
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the creative brief accurately outlines the desired outcome
- Manage and optimize project management software and stays up to date on new developments in technology and/or processes
- Establish and enforce production workflow
- Work with Department Leaders to create and maintain project management dashboards to allow visibility in to individual team workflows
- Review production costs and makes recommendations for efficiency and cost savings.
- Manage and maintains the digital asset management archive for Marketing
- Gather estimates for print/collateral production jobs and manage order processing
- Works with individuals as needed to gather and consolidate feedback and route approvals
- Maintain accuracy of project management dashboard to ensure data is current
- 2-3+ years experience in project management, experience with agencies or creative/production workflow is preferred
- Strong knowledge of project management software
- Strong communication skills
- Experience managing fast-pace projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Able to solve problems independently
- Able to identify areas of improvement and recommend solutions accordingly
- Strong computer aptitude on both Mac and PC platforms. Demonstrated mastery of Adobe Creative Suite software, especially Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to innovate, think creatively, and foster dialogue across diverse groups.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with solid attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and work proactively, make independent judgment/decisions.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule in order to achieve intended outcomes.
- Ability to travel/drive locally on a weekly, daily and/or on an as needed basis.