Director, Credential Services
Manage, direct, evaluate, and supervise the staff of the Teacher Accreditation Department. Monitor, and develop and streamline work flow, goals, objectives, process and procedures for accreditation alignment and performance measures consistent with the department and University’s quality of service and expectations. Supervise and streamline the Teacher Accreditation Department to provide communications, processes, and timelines while providing a high customer service standard to our students, faculty and staff. Create systems for reporting and transparency for Accreditation bodies such as the WASC, CTC, and NCATE. Develop and implement the strategic plan for the Teacher Accreditation Department in communications including assisting marketing and referrals from the CTC website. Develop and manage the LiveText Fieldwork Experience site and determine other technological needs for the T.A.D. Part of the SOE Leadership Team and represent the TAD in meetings and committees in relation to Academic policies.
TYPE OF SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Limited Supervision from the Dean of the School of Education.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions: 100% of time
- Oversee and evaluate performance of the staff of the Teacher Accreditation Department. Provide leadership to the T.A.D. team, especially through times of change, maintaining a positive atmosphere and keeping staff engaged.
- Develop, implement and provide all training for all T.A.D. staff
- Develop and constantly monitor work flow, goals, objectives, process and procedures for accreditation alignment and performance measures consistent with the department and University’s quality of service and expectations.
- Develop and manage the LiveText Fieldwork Experience site and determine other technological needs for the T.A.D.
- Act as the lead business partner to other Departments in relationship to T.A.D. Provide guidance in regards to credential policies and procedures for OneStop staff.
- Set policies and procedures for CCC in their administrative duties for student getting ready for or doing student teaching
- Create reports for SOE administration concerning enrollment, quality assurance for enrollment codes, travel budget, retention, scheduling, contracts, and federal reporting concerns in collaboration with Institutional Research.
- Create systems for reporting and transparency for accreditation bodies such as the WASC, CTC, and NCATE. Including the development of Title II tracking and Biennial information for the Associate Dean and Institutional Research department.
- Develop and implement a strategic communication plan which provides program information,degree regulations and interpretations of course requirements regarding education programs to students, faculty and staff.
- Develop and negotiate contracts for system wide credential academic programs with districts, and other IHE institutions.
- Develop and maintain enrollment program codes, including overseeing the processes of credential petitions for credential students for all campuses.
- Create and develop the training process for Advisors, OneStop, Directors, and CCCs in regards to credential and respective SOE programs.
- Be the lead for all training and workflow processes for campuses.
- Work with Director of Accreditation and State Clinical Chair on coordination of site visits, accreditation schedules and technology needs.
- Negotiate and works with Districts Superintendents, JPAS, and Risk Managers on fieldwork agreements for SOE students.
- Previous work in credentials and accreditation.
- Experience working in a complex system of auditing, evaluating and analyzing information.
- Higher Education experience. Experience within a department within higher education reviewing student files, analyzing student information.
- At least 3 years experience in an Institute of Higher Education department.
- At least 3 years experience in a School of Education or assessment/accreditation department.
- Experience working with accreditation regulations, preferably gone through a site visit from CTC.
Knowledge and Education:
- Master’s degree
- Awareness of the California Education Code; the California Common Standards and Program Standards required of program providers; the California Content Standards; the