Under the direction of the Manager, Software Development, is responsible for development, administration and support of the university wide CRM system and integration with Banner ERP, web site, and external information systems. This position will work with functional leads and end users to identify and implement solutions surrounding the Salesforce TargetX CRM. Analyzes functional processes, designs solutions and implements custom CRM screens, workflows, web forms, and reports. Develops, writes, tests, implements and maintains application programs.
TYPE OF SUPERVISION RECEIVED: The incumbent will receive instructions, direction, and guidance from Assistant Vice Chancellor of Information Systems and will work closely with each of the functional areas to implement solutions to meet their business requirements.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain data feeds to integrate with the Banner ERP, external applications, and the data warehouse.
- Use salesforce development toolkit including Apex, Test classes, Triggers, Visualforce, HTML, CSS, JQuery, SOQL/SOSL, Force.com IDE, migration tool and Informatica.
- Design, develop, test, document, and deploy high quality business solutions on the Salesforce.com (SFDC) platform based on business needs.
- Create and modify segmentation and communication tracks to change with the needs of the various departments.
- Manage access for all CRM users
- Create and modify screens in the CRM as well as workflow processes, to improve the business processes for various departments.
- Support Salesforce.com configuration tasks such as field/page updates, workflows, validations, custom permissions, approvals etc.
- Create and modify reports, analytics and KPI’s based on requirements.
- Collaborate with constituencies to identify requirements related to the CRM.
- Provide functional and technical support to user of CRM.
- Other duties as assigned.
POSITION SPECIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field or an associate degree with additional 2 years of experience.
- 5+ years' experience with Salesforce development and an objected oriented programming language (C#, Java, etc.)
- Proficiency in programming with Apex and Visualforce
- Solid understanding of Salesforce standard/custom objects, layouts, Apex classes, triggers, tabs, custom VisualForce pages, custom settings etc.
- Experience in Salesforce deployment (change sets) from sandbox to QA/Prod orgs, Apex unit test methods
- Experience integrating Salesforce application via real time, batch, sync/async processes, web services, Salesforce BULK API
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill, and ability to interface with diverse individuals are required.
- Prior experience in an academic environment.
- Salesforce Developer Certified
- Experience with Informatica Cloud Salesforce Integration
- Experience using Eclipse with Force.com IDE