San Mateo County Community College District
Posting Number: 2014435S
Department: Instruction CAÑ (DEPT)
Location: Cañada College
Position Number: 3C0003
Percentage of Full Time: 100%
Months per Year: 12
Salary Range: $67,332 (annual) - $81,948 (annual)
Position Type: Staff & Admin
San Mateo County Community College District values the principles of diversity and equity. We provide our students with a rich and dynamic learning community that embraces differences, emphasizing collaboration and engaging students in and out of the classroom, encouraging them to realize their goals, and to become critical thinkers and socially responsible leaders.
This is complex paraprofessional work that involves complex and confidential record keeping, technical support coordination, and confidential public relations duties for senior administrators. Technically, the employee is thoroughly trained in office management procedures, including use of a variety of software applications. Under general supervision, the job duties require a working knowledge of District and college policies and procedures, and specific knowledge of policies, procedures, and practices directly related to the central departmental services. Public contact is extensive and includes students, staff, the general public, other educational institutions, government, business and community representatives, and the media. A high degree of independent judgment and creativity are required to resolve minor and occasional major problems that occur, particularly related to the handling of confidential legal and collective bargaining information. Consequences of errors in judgment can be costly in employee time and in public relations. An Executive Assistant can direct and coordinate the work of other staff and student assistants as assigned.
• A combination of education and experience equivalent to possession of an Associate’s degree in business administration, office technology, or a closely related field
• Successful work experience of increasing responsibility that has included extensive public contact with people at various levels within an organization who are diverse in their cultures, languages and abilities
• Experience with the organization and maintenance of complex and confidential files and documentation, both online and manual
• Demonstrated skills in written and oral communication
• Experience using spreadsheets and a variety of software to produce original formatted reports and other written materials
• Experience training and directing the work of others
• Possession of a valid California Driver’s License (or the ability to obtain one) and the ability to drive a motor vehicle to off-site locations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of applicable District and college policies, procedures, organizational structure, mission, and goals
2. Skill in sensitive, tactful, and confidential public contact with people of diverse cultures, language groups, abilities, and levels within an organization
3. Skill in organizing and analyzing complex and confidential data and records into online and manual file systems
4. Skill in computer data entry, modification, research, and retrieval; and in use of a variety of spreadsheets and other software to create and maintain complex records, and to generate complex reports
5. Skill in oral and written communication, including complex reports and sensitive correspondence
6. Skill in working accurately with multiple workload deadlines, logistics, and complex project sequences; ability to strategically plan and anticipate workload outcomes
7. Skill in training, directing, and coordinating the work of others
8. Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
Benefits: Benefits include paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. The District pays all or a portion of monthly medical plan premiums (depending on the coverage) and pays all of the monthly dental and vision plan premiums for employees and eligible dependents. Additional paid benefits include life insurance, salary continuance insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program. Classified employees participate in the Public Employees’ Retirement System, a defined-benefit retirement plan through the State of California. Optional tax-deferred 403(b) and 457 retirement plans are also available.
First Review Date: 05/10/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit: https://jobs.smccd.edu/
The San Mateo County Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks to employ individuals who represent the rich diversity of cultures, language groups, and abilities of its surrounding communities.