Administrative Coordinator - Community Health and Social Medicine
The Administrative Coordinator will report directly to the Chair of the Department of Community Health and Social Medicine in the CUNY School of Medicine. Under direction, with latitude for the exercise of independent initiative and judgment, this positions will perform administrative work following relevant departmental, College and University procedures:
- Responsible for invoice processing and fiscal record keeping; prepares and submits expense reports.
- Serves as a liaison between the Office of Administration, Accounts Payable, and outside vendors to ensure accurate fiscal procedures and processing.
- Prepare images, PDF documents, and other related media for inclusion in educational materials.
- Assists in the preparation of materials for scholarly purposes in print, online, and PowerPoint formats.
- May assist in grant preparation and research administration duties related to invoice processing and submitting expense reports.
- Serves as a resource for the Chair, Course Directors, and individual faculty. Specific functions include responsibility for collecting, revising and confirming faculty documents, promotions, tenure packets.
- Performs administrative duties associated with faculty and Department searches including interacting with Office of Affirmative Action and CUNY School of Medicine Personnel Officer, setting up meetings and appointments, handling logistics, and assembling informational kits for Search Committee and candidates.
- Maintains Department confidential files; drafts and edits confidential reports; composes complex correspondence; performs general office functions; and, with approval, makes improvements to department forms.
- Arranges and organizes meeting, conferences, and special events held on and off campus.
Bachelor's Degree required. City College experience preferred.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID (16673) or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
Open until filled, with review of applications to begin June 1, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: CUNY School of Medicine
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator - Community Health and Social Medicine
Job ID: 16673
Full/Part Time: Full-Time