Student Development Coordinator (Student Life Coordinator) - Macaulay Honors College
Inaugurated in the fall of 2001, Macaulay Honors College is dedicated to providing outstanding educational opportunities for academically gifted students from the five boroughs of New York City and beyond. The Macaulay Honors College program includes generous financial support for each student, including a full-tuition merit scholarship and an Opportunities Fund grant. In addition, the Honors College offers unique interdisciplinary seminars focusing on New York City, training in instructional technology, dedicated mentors and advisors, prominent visiting professors, internships, study abroad experiences, and a Cultural Passport that provides entre to the vast cultural resources of New York City. Macaulay operates in partnership with eight CUNY campuses: Baruch, Brooklyn, City, Hunter, John Jay, Lehman, Queens, and Staten Island; graduates are awarded a degree jointly conferred by Macaulay and their home campus. Currently, Macaulay Honors College has approximately 2,032 University Scholars enrolled on the eight campuses.
The Student Development Coordinator will report to the Associate Director of Student Development.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assists in the overall management of undergraduate student co-curricular programming; may assume responsibility for one or more specific student programs;
- Assists the student government in the allocation of funds for student organizations; for events and programs;
- Assists with all student activities' financial transactions and record keeping (e.g., ongoing ordering of food, beverages and supplies; collection and processing of receipts, invoices, and reimbursements);
- Assists with coordination of travel/logistics for student participation in regional and national research conferences and student organization competitions;
- Assists with electronic and traditional advertising/announcements of student activities outside of Macaulay Monday/Now postings - as generated by both the Director as well as by student leaders themselves;
- Assists with the development of programming partnerships within CUNY and throughout the New York City metro area;
- Assists with the development, monitoring, and maintenance of student organizations and event databases;
- Coordinates community service opportunities for students;
- Maintains information regarding current policies and procedures for student organizations/clubs and communicates this information as needed;
- Provides administrative and logistical assistance for ongoing activities and events including: Freshmen Orientation Program, Supporting Excellence Diversity Initiative, the City University Film Festival (CUFF at Macaulay), and Arts Night;
- Provides administrative assistance to the Associate Director;
- Provides direct evening and weekend support during college-wide events, including oversight of equipment, furniture, and supplies at various locations;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required.
A preferred candidate should have:
- Experience with Student Affairs.
- Experience with student activities in drama, music, and/or athletics.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evening and weekend hours.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Assists in preparing and providing student support services to promote the personal development of a diverse student population.
- Assists student organizations/clubs in planning, implementing events and programs, and managing expenditures
- Coordinates and helps present informational and educational programs, such as student leadership training and orientation
- Assists with the management of student affairs facilities, such as acquiring equipment and arranging event logistics
- May assume responsibility for one or more specific student programs
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Student Life Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on "Apply Now" below which will bring you to the registration screen. If you are a new user, you must register to apply. If you already have a user ID, please use your existing ID to apply. Make sure to upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references (name, title, and organization) by the closing date. Please upload all documents in Word or PDF format.
May 25, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Graduate Center
Job Title: Student Development Coordinator (Student Life Coordinator) - Macaulay Honors College
Job ID: 16637