Manage accounting department providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company's future.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee the activities of the accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly and annual financial statements and annual budgets.
- Oversee accounts payables, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, petty cash, core employee expense reports and corporate credit cards, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Oversee accounts receivable to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, maintain accuracy of customer trade balances, monthly payment and receipt vs. deposit reconciliation, processing customer account statements, collections or overseeing of collections. etc;
- Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Assure corporate sales tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate sales tax returns taking full advantage of all offered discounts.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Assure all required state and local regulatory filings are timely completed.
- Respond to outside CPA firm as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Financial Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
This position is responsible for managing the accounting department and staff.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position may require up to 10% travel.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA certification.
- Ten years of hands-on accounting managerial experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Transportation industry experience is preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Driver Provider has been in business for 17+ years and is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ with additional branches in Tucson, AZ, Sedona, AZ and Jackson Hole, WY. The Driver Provider employs over 150 associates across various markets. An unrelenting commitment to customer service combined with unparalleled technology sets The Driver Provider apart.
Wed, 26 Apr 2017 10:44:00 PDT