Pre Sales Technical Architect
When we asked our employees to describe our culture, the three most common responses were collaborate, innovate, and drive. These things not only describe our culture, they describe how we operate as a business and with our clients and partners.
We want to make sure individuals who join us embody these core attributes. While deep, specialized skills are critical for us, the most successful working relationships we've had have been with people who are driven, self-disciplined, and leave their egos at the door. Because of our selective process, you'll find some of the most talented, hard-working, and fun-loving people in the industry, and we're proud of that.
Since starting in 2007, we've grown to $280 million in revenue and doubled our employees in the last two years. We've been named to Crain's Fast 50 List in 2014 and Inc Magazine's inaugural The Build 100 List. In 2015, we look forward to growing our team, starting with the following position:
Pre Sales Technical Architect
The Pre-Sales Technical Architect (TA) assists Ahead account managers through formal technical presentations and technical design assistance of Ahead's solution and service offerings to existing and prospective customers. The TA owns all technical aspects of a sales campaign and hand off to the consulting team; maintaining strong relationships with our customers.
As a Pre-Sales Technical Architect (TA) you are a thought leader within the Engineering organization, responsible for designing, architecting, and, at times, consulting for Ahead clients. Ahead is focused on core data center technologies including storage, networking, compute, virtualization, and data center management / automation. Your goal as a TA should be to build skills, relationships, and industry credibility across more than one of these segments to drive product and consulting sales.
You will work in partnership with one or more sales representatives to help build a cohesive account strategy for each existing and prospective client. As part of this strategy, you will help sales representatives identify potential technologies and vendors to partner with in a given account and assist in driving this strategy throughout a given campaign.
Time management and prioritization are essential attributes of a successful TA. Your goal is to evolve into the technical thought leader for each of your clients. In this capacity you will work to define strategy, compare and contrast alternative approaches, and build key relationships, as well as size and configure products. Positioning and leveraging subject matter experts and inside consultants is a necessity to scale your effectiveness within accounts.
Education is critical to your success at Ahead. You are expected to continually educate not only yourself, but also our clients and your co-workers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the sales teams during engagements by providing advice and solutions or proposals optimized to meet customer technical and business requirements
- Develops relationships with the account managers, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages team specialist resources as appropriate
- Strategizes and executes technical sales calls
- Completes required pre-sales documentation (configurations, pricing, services, presentations, justifications etc.) quickly and accurately
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, decision making process and funding
- Presents and markets the design and value of proposed Ahead solutions and business justification to customers, prospects and Ahead management
- Participates in mentorship of entry-level team members
- Possesses strong, detailed product / technology / industry knowledge. Knowledge of job associated software and applications
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- 2+ years Pre Sales and Data Center experience is required
- Professional communication, presentation, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working as a technical lead in a pre-sales sales campaign
- Minimum 2 years of technical pre-sales experience
- Extensive knowledge of one or more of the following data center solutions: storage, networking, compute, virtualization, data center management / automation, and security
- Ability to work under critical conditions and influence others to achieve results
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent presentation skills
- Must be independent, self motivated, a self starter and possess a good working attitude
- Able to work well within a team and partner environment
- Customer focused and results driven
AHEAD is a consulting company that helps enterprises transform how and where they run applications and infrastructure. From strategy, to implementation, to ongoing managed services, we create tailored cloud solutions for enterprises at all stages of the cloud journey.
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 14:41:26 PDT