Branding and Integrated Communications (BIC) Program Specialist
The Branding and Integrated Communications (BIC) Master's Degree program is part of the Division of Humanities and the Arts. This student program combines theory and practice in an interdisciplinary, multi-tracked curriculum that addresses the opportunities and needs of marketing communications industries on behalf of both private and not-for-profit organizations.
Reporting to the Director of Media and Communication Arts, the Academic Program Specialist will:
- Develop and present student workshops/seminars as well as create annual student handbooks.
- Advise students on the graduate admissions process, including logging and routing applications, notifying of application status, and creating new student records.
- Organize and manage annual industry workshops, lecture series, and other special events, including related promotional activities.
- Monitor and assess student progress including graduation audits.
- Monitor and assess program utilization and effectiveness; make recommendations for program improvements.
- Coordinate space management for classes and rooms for on-campus events and workshops.
- Act as liaison for scholarly and trade publication submissions.
- Assemble and distribute BIC Program Press Kits.
- Participate in CUNY-wide events related to recruitment, program development and outreach of prospective graduate students.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required. Proficiency in MS Office and presentation software such as Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote preferred.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Participates in the daily coordination of academic and administrative activities of a College's specialized academic program under management direction.
- Supports program development, student service delivery, outcome evaluation and instructor/student recruitment, enrollment, and retention.
- Recommends, implements and evaluates strategies to expand program offerings
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- Develops and maintains relationships with various College offices to improve student and faculty services
- Serves as resource expert regarding program policies and procedures
- Oversees office recordkeeping; manages updates of program web and print materials
- May supervise office operations and/or department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Program Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
Open until filled with resume review to begin 5/9/17.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: City College of New York
Job Title: Branding and Integrated Communications (BIC) Program Specialist
Job ID: 16670
Full/Part Time: Full-Time