The School of Arts and Sciences invites applications for two Lecturer positions in Mathematics within the Department of Mathematics. These appointments are expected to begin August 1, 2017. These positions are academic year (10 month), non-tenure track appointment.
Job duties include teaching both upper and lower division level mathematics courses including learning support mathematics courses as well as participation in departmental and college committees. Candidates will be expected to have a commitment to excellence in teaching, professional development, and to serving students in a collegiate setting. In addition, the candidate will be expected to work cooperatively with others and be willing to teach both day and evening classes at the Brunswick campus or the Camden center location as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- Master’s degree in Mathematics or Applied Mathematics from a regionally accredited institution.
- The successful candidate will be expected to teach all levels of mathematics from developmental mathematics through the Calculus sequence.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- Doctorate degree in Mathematics or Applied Mathematics from a regionally accredited institution.
- Previous collegiate teaching experience
- Mentoring, interpersonal and organizational skills
- The ability to utilize technology in the classroom and computer literacy
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Based on the University system of Georgia’s policy, official sealed transcripts must be provided upon offer and acceptance of all Faculty positions.