Assistant Professor of Biology
The School of Arts and Sciences invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position in Biology within the Department of Natural Sciences. This appointment is expected to begin August 1, 2017. This position is an academic year (10 month) appointment.
The successful candidate will have a broad background in Biology. Responsibilities include teaching Human Anatomy and Physiology, Pathophysiology, Immunology and introductory level courses. Other responsibilities include advising and participation in departmental and college committees. The candidate will be expected to have a commitment to excellence in teaching, a commitment to professional development, and to serving students in a collegiate setting. The candidate will be expected to work cooperatively with others and be willing to teach both day and evening courses at the Brunswick campus or Camden Center location as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- Ph.D. in Biology or related field by the start date of August 1, 2017.
- Experience teaching undergraduate courses in biological sciences.
- Graduate level coursework in Human or Animal Anatomy and Physiology.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- Recent experience teaching undergraduate biology courses for 12 months or more
- Advising experience
- Graduate coursework and/or research experience in pathophysiology and/or Immunology
- Experience supervising undergraduate research
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Based on the University system of Georgia’s policy, official sealed transcripts must be provided upon offer and acceptance of all Faculty positions.