Assistant Professor of Psychology
The School of Arts and Sciences is accepting applications for a 10-month, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Psychology position within the Department of Social Sciences. The appointment is expected to begin August 1, 2017. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job duties include teaching both upper and lower division psychology courses, as well as participating in departmental and College committees. Candidates are expected to have a commitment to excellence in teaching, serve on college committees, and to have a program of research that can involve students. Ability to deliver courses online is essential. In addition, the candidate will be expected to work cooperatively with others and be willing to teach both day and evening classes at the Brunswick campus, Camden Center, or online as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- An earned doctorate in Psychology from a regionally-accredited institution. Area of specialization is open.
- Ability to teach utilizing a variety of course delivery structures (on-site, hybrid, distance, online).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer and technology skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- Ability to teach Introductory and/or Lifespan Development and three or more of the following courses: Survey of Counseling & Clinical, Psychopathology, Abnormal Psychology, Psychology of Adjustment, Research Methods & Statistics, Experimental Psychology, Foundations of Brain and Behavior, Drugs & Behavior, Industrial/Organizational, Cross-Cultural, Learning & Behavior, Cognition, Forensic, and Motivation.
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Based on the University system of Georgia’s policy, official sealed transcripts must be provided upon offer and acceptance of all Faculty positions.