Senior Enrollment Representative
Thank you for considering Curry College in your search.
About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution located on a wooded 131-acre campus in Milton, MA just seven miles from downtown Boston. Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), Curry College offers 24 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as four graduate programs.
Curry College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in every aspect of its operations. The College values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds. Curry College is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity in the workplace.
Under the direction of the Associate Director, the Senior Enrollment Representative (SER) will assist the Director, Associate Director and the Assistant Directors in all activities related to recruiting and retaining the division’s undergraduate and graduate students, and coordinates applications to graduate and cohort programs. Assumes responsibility for the accuracy and timeliness of routine and non-routine projects and procedures, and is knowledgeable in the technology needed for the position. The established work schedule is Monday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30 – 4:30, Tuesdays 10:30 – 6:30 and Wednesdays 9:30-5:30.
- Manage application leads and communication plan, update document tracking systems, process recruit information into Banner, and assists with the follow-up of new inquiries and returning students. The SER may work directly with the Faculty Program Directors and Academic Advisors to coordinate all aspects of applicant tracking and student matriculation.
- Assist with student recruitment and retention by communicating basic program information with prospective students. S/he implements internal marketing activities and is often the first contact with prospective and new students. S/he maintains databases for effective outreach efforts. As needed, s/he assists the Director with special projects.
- Prepare mailings to recruits and students, maintain applicant and student folders, and identify students who are ready to have their admissions applications reviewed.
- Maintain the depth of knowledge necessary to effectively address student and faculty questions and concerns and to provide an exceptional level of customer service. The SER requires an ability to be an effective team player and to deliver excellent customer service by maintaining a courteous phone manner, a welcoming presence for walk-in inquiries, and responding to questions and/or issues knowledgeably and in a supportive manner.
- Assist students with individual requests that pertain to their student experience including but not limited to navigating the Curry Web Portal, understanding the different payment methods or requesting enrollment letters.
Student Financial Services Support:
- Support the financial clearance of student registrations, handle and resolve payment disputes, initiate conversation with Student Financial Services to clear students from collections, and confirm financial aid status and tuition deferment status.
- Analyze situations resulting in a deviation from standard tuition charges and coordinate adjustments with Finance; review, analyze, and resolve billing disputes and collection situations.
- Verify financial clearance for all registrations and communicate problems to students.
- Process credit card payments, cash receipts, and check payments.
- Understand the financial aid process and verify students’ financial aid status and funds.
Registration and Student Records:
- Analyze, identify, and review error messages during Banner input.
- Assist in developing office procedures to enhance operations, strengthen retention/recruitment and student services.
- Assist in maintaining accurate registration, payment, enrollment, application, and matriculation files and computer records.
Course Section Coordination:
- Create sections for the Division’s course offerings and faculty assignments within Banner.
- Maintain spreadsheets of course information; prepare class rosters and resolve registration discrepancies.
- Track missing grade reports each term; enter student grades into Banner when needed; and reconcile discrepancies.
- An Associate’s degree is required. (Bachelor’s degree preferred).
- A minimum of three years of office administrative experience. (Experience in Higher Education or sales/service environment preferred).
- Solid organizational and problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment within established deadlines.
- Superior knowledge and efficiency utilizing complex computing applications on the systems and programs of College’s choice: currently by way of example, Microsoft Office Suite. (Banner experience preferred).
- General math skills are required.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.