Senior. Java Programmer
Are you a Java Programmer who likes taking on a challenge and working on pioneering projects? Strayer University is among one of the most innovative education providers in the world and currently has a great opportunity for a Senior Java Programmer to play a pivotal role in developing cutting-edge, highly-cohesive integrations.
Projects will involve creating new custom functionality, content, and data in the Blackboard learning management system (LMS) and creating integrations between the LMS and other external systems. Integrations may include any combination of internal Blackboard and 3rd party vendor APIs as well as interfacing with Strayer University's own student portal, mobile application, and predictive analytics systems.
The deliverables created will be small but challenging to build. The ideas and needs of our best faculty, students, and administrators will be tackled to create solutions that have never been implemented at this level or scale. Completed deliverables will roll out immediately and touch the students and faculty to increase their success. This position will be highly rewarding and satisfying for the right candidate.
- The ability to work with small teams of SME's to elicit, analyze, and document requirements for custom development projects.
- Engineer solutions utilizing the Blackboard Building Block (B2) framework using Java, Web Services, and API's.
- Design, develop, test, and document new LMS user interfaces, functionality, and data points to address the needs of the users and administrators.
- Maintenance custom solution code through ongoing and periodic upgrades to the core product
- Monitor and be aware of how customizations may impact overall system performance, as well as implementation methods to avoid such risks.
- Implement vendor integrations using Web Services, API, and LTI solutions
- Utilize and interface with Oracle and Postgres SQL/DBMS systems.
- Expertise in the use of Eclipse Java EE or IntelliJ
- Expertise in the use of Oracle and Postgres SQL/DBMS
- Knowledgeable of Blackboard APIs and Building Blocks
- Familiarity with IMS Global Learning standards
- Familiarity with interfacing with other programming languages
We're a fast, agile, innovative organization. We have a culture of experimentation and are always on the cutting edge to find emergent properties and effects that lead to improved learning outcomes and student success. We also like to have fun and maintain a culture that rivals the best companies anywhere.
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.