Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 04-26-2017
As the Production Manager for the School of Theatre and Dance, this position will create and maintain the School's production calendars, mentor student stage managers throughout the design and production process, supervise students in their required practicum assignments, facilitate auditions for mainstage productions, and teach one course each semester in Stage Management. This position also serves as the Production Manager for the Illinois Shakespeare Festival, which produces three mainstage productions in a summer rotating repertory.
1. Bachelor's degree in Theatre
2. 2 years of work experience serving as a production manager, stage manager, or in theatre management.
3. 2 years of mentoring and supervising stage managers or other technical positions.
4. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. M.F.A. in Stage Management or Theatre
2. Teaching experience at the university level in theatre, stage management or a related field.
3. Basic knowledge of professional union contracts.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.