Assistant Athletic Director/Director of Compliance
Functional Title Assistant Athletic Director/Director of Compliance
Position Type Staff
This position is responsible for all facets of Southern Conference and NCAA athletics compliance, including developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive, transparent, and effective athletics compliance program. This position will be responsible for developing and presenting educational programs to constituents that are involved in specific if not in all aspects of intercollegiate athletics. The position is charged with monitoring, interpreting, evaluating and analyzing the athletic department's programs, policies and procedures, and activities intended to support the NCAA, University and Southern Conference rules. This individual is responsible for following the policies and procedures of the University, Conference and the NCAA in day-to-day operation of the program.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Department of Athletics' compliance program.
- Develop and implement athletics compliance policies and procedures.
- Administer, educate, monitor and enforce institutional, Southern Conference and NCAA compliance policies and procedures for all intercollegiate athletic teams.
- Develop a comprehensive educational compliance program for all institutional coaches, student-athletes, faculty and staff regarding NCAA and Southern Conference rules and regulations.
- Research and issue interpretations of NCAA and Southern Conference rules and regulations for all seventeen sport coaches, as well as all student-athletes, Department of Athletics' administrators and staff, institutional administrators and staff, and boosters.
- Prepare and file various reports, waivers and appeals to appropriate governing bodies within the NCAA and Southern Conference.
- Serve as the institutional liaison to the NCAA Eligibility Center.
- Manage student-athlete records in the applicable database (Compliance Assistant).
- Collect and compile required departmental and NCAA eligibility forms.
- Oversee all recruiting monitoring systems, including phone logs, contact evaluation forms, etc.
- Implement and administer the institutional camp and clinic monitoring program.
- Implement and administer the Department of Athletics' sports agent program.
- Conduct the initial eligibility certification process for all incoming freshman and transfer student-athletes, including oversight of all transcript review process.
- Coordinate the eligibility certification process in collaboration with certifying officer and Spartan Academic Support Services (SASS).
- Administer athletic team eligibility and education meetings and manage all resulting paperwork.
- Prepare National Letters of Intent and Financial Aid agreements.
- Maintain and evaluate compliance website and social media outlets.
- Supervise and coordinate with Compliance Assistant.
- Assist Senior Associate Athletic Director/Senior Woman's Administrator with other duties as requested.
This position requires initiative and someone with a high energy level that will enable the individual to work long hours. This position requires evening and weekend assignments.
Based on qualifications of the selected candidate, the position title will be Director or Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required
- Experience with NCAA CA software and recruiting software programs
- Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in NCAA Compliance at the Division I level is preferred
Tenure Status N/A
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are asked to provide the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of at least three (3) References, in the References section of the electronic application. These References will be solicited by the UNCGjobsearch system via email, and asked to provide a confidential Letter of Reference/Recommendation on behalf of the applicant. This will occur as soon as the applicant successfully submits the application and receives a confirmation number from the UNCGjobsearch system.
Recruitment Range Commensurate Upon Experience
Org #-Department Intercollegiate Athletics - 85001
Job Open Date 04/26/2017
For Best Consideration Date 05/17/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * Do you have a master's degree?
- * Do you have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in NCAA Compliance at the Division I level?
- * Do you have experience with NCAA CA software and recruiting software programs?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC school system job board
- Personal Networking
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu