Fire Wall Administrator-Palo Alto-AFT
Reporting to the Director of Network and Security Operations, the Network Administrator position serves as a subject matter expert and primary engineer in the design, implementation and support of the Rowan University network infrastructure. This specific position will have the role of supporting the Rowan University Palo Alto firewall infrastructure, supporting 25,000 daily users across three separate campuses.
The position level and pay rate will be based on experience and qualifications. All applicants meeting the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
● Participate in the planning, implementation and maintenance of the University Palo Alto Firewall infrastructure including installation, integration and upgrades
● Integrate the Palo Alto environment with standard security tools and monitoring systems, including Aruba’s ClearPass Network Access Control platform and Splunk
● Create and maintain system documentation, operational procedures, architectural documentation and hardware / software inventory
● Propose and implement enhancements that will improve the security, performance and reliability of the University’s firewall environment
● Rapidly deploy approved fixes in response to newly identified stability and security threats
● Proactively monitor systems and alerts, using industry recognized tools to avert troublesome trends as they develop to ensure a stable production environment
● Plan and implement system changes and adjustments in a way that maximizes system availability
● Formulate and monitor policies, procedures, and standards
● Provide reports and metrics as needed to support requirements analysis and growth planning
● Participate in compliance activities that include log collection, analysis and reporting
● Participate in the organization’s change management process
● Troubleshoot, analyze and resolve system issues, documenting problem resolutions
● Provide 24x7 on-call systems support
● Respond to escalated system support calls, resolve assigned tickets and document resolutions
About Network and System Services:
Rowan University’s department of Network and System Services is responsible for the end-to-end management of all University owned networks, servers, storage and workstations. This currently includes approximately 2000 Aruba wireless access points, 800 Cisco edge switches, Cisco core networking equipment and several firewalls supporting all academic and administrative units within the University.
All applicants must have the following qualifications:
● 4+year degree in related field or equivalent education. Position related experience may be substituted for education on a year by year basis
● 2+ year of position related experience
● Experience managing multiple Palo Alto firewalls in an Enterprise environment
● Solid understanding of Ethernet networking, TCP/IP, 802.1x
● Understanding of industry best practices surrounding proper maintenance and support of a 24x7 network infrastructure
● Strong analytical problem solving skills
● Ability to quickly grasp technical issues and offer solutions
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Professional business demeanor
● 4+ years of experience with Palo Alto or other Next Generation Firewalls
● Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE) certification
● 4+ years of experience supporting Cisco ASA or equivalent firewalls
● 4+ years of experience with IP routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP.
● Experience with Aruba’s ClearPass platformRowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.