Fire Wall Administrator-DWDM-AFT
Reporting to the Director of Network and Security Operations, the Network Administrator position serves as a subject matter expert and primary engineer in the design, implementation and support of Rowan University’s perimeter network. This position will have the role of supporting the Rowan University network infrastructure across three geographically diverse campuses comprised of over one hundred buildings and three hundred acres. This includes design, implementation and management of Rowan’s Cisco-based DWDM network and management of multiple Internet connections and the associated BGP environment.
The position level and pay rate will be based on experience and qualifications. All applicants meeting the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
● Management of Rowan’s DWDM infrastructure across three geographically distributed campuses (Cisco NCS2K)
● Management of Rowan’s Internet peering points (Cisco ASR)
● Management of Rowan’s BGP environment
● Participate in the planning, implementation and maintenance of the University network including hardware, software and upgrades
● Create and maintain system documentation, operational procedures, architectural documentation and hardware / software inventory
● Propose and implement enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the University network
● Rapidly deploy approved fixes in response to newly identified stability and security threats
● Proactively monitor systems and alerts, using industry recognized tools to avert troublesome trends as they develop to ensure a stable production environment
● Plan and implement system changes and adjustments in a way that maximizes system availability
● Formulate and monitor policies, procedures, and standards
● Provide reports and metrics as needed to support requirements analysis and growth planning
● Participate in compliance activities that include log collection, analysis and reporting
● Participate in the organization’s change management process
● Troubleshoot, analyze and resolve system issues, documenting problem resolutions
● Provide 24x7 on-call systems support
● Respond to escalated system support calls, resolve assigned tickets and document resolutions
About Network and System Services:
Rowan University’s department of Network and System Services is responsible for the end-to-end management of all University owned networks, servers and workstations. This currently includes approximately 2000 Aruba wireless access points, 800 Cisco edge switches, Cisco core networking equipment and several firewalls supporting all academic and administrative units within the University.
REQUIREMENTS:All applicants must have the following qualifications:● 4-year degree in related field or equivalent education. Position related experience may be substituted for education on a year by year basis● 4+ years of position related experience● Solid understanding of Ethernet networking, TCP/IP, BGP, EIGRP and wireless networks● Understanding of industry best practices surrounding proper maintenance and support of a 24x7 network infrastructure● Strong analytical problem solving skills● Ability to quickly grasp technical issues and offer solutions● Excellent verbal and written communication skills● Professional business demeanorPreferred Qualifications:● 4+ years of experience with Cisco network equipment including Catalyst 6509E, 3750, and 3560 switches or comparable Cisco models.● 4+ years of experience with Cisco DWDM equipment including NCS 2000 Series● 4+ years of experience supporting Cisco ASA firewalls● 3+ years of experience with IP routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP.● Valid Cisco CCNP or Higher Certification
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.