Training Developer/Intranet Specialist, Sylvania Campus
Training Developer/Intranet Specialist, Sylvania Campus
Portland Community College
PCC's Training Developer/Intranet Specialist develops and conducts information technology training for college staff. Promotes the use of technology; assists staff to make the best use of existing and emerging management tools. Develops and maintains central Intranet web pages. Responds to work situations with minimum guidance or direction.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
8 hours of Sick Leave per month
24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits please copy and paste the following link into another browser http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits/
1. Designs curriculum and delivers training for college staff on various subjects including using college supported software and tools.
2. Designs, develops, indexes, and maintains technical documentation using the Intranet. Monitors end user feedback and systems development efforts to facilitate continuing improvement of documentation.
3. Develops computer based training on ITS supported software. Manages projects including timelines, development of costs, development of content, audio and video recording, digitizing media, writing user interface, developing assessments and creating web animation.
4. Consults with departments to analyze business process-supporting technology needs, and documents new processes for end-user retrieval of data and/or information. Promotes the use of technology and technology tools to support continued efficiency and improvement in departmental processes.
5. Maintains central Intranet web pages. Tasks include coordinating and maintaining user interface, documenting processes and policies related to page development, creating graphics and animations and serving on web related committees and projects.
6. Applies knowledge of end user needs and issues to assist other ITS staff with design of end user interface.
7. Evaluates and approves requests for new Banner accounts or special access, and for follow up with users to be sure passwords and logins are working properly.
8. Evaluates emerging training technology and tools.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
-Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
In the online application's Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that display these qualifications.
Associate's degree in a computer related discipline, education or related field is required. Experience performing the duties of the job may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Two years of experience in programming, training or systems software and support; one of the two years experience must include the use of web development tools and/or languages such as HTML, JAVA or Perl. Experience must also include creating documentation and performing technical, end-user training in a complex technical environment and using instructional design concepts for computer based training.
Familiarity with database retrieval tools (e.g., sql, Brio) required. Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely. Must have excellent interpersonal, written, oral, and presentation skills. Must have good project management/coordination skills. Ability to coordinate multiple projects concurrently and work with a minimum of supervision. Must have the ability to provide own transportation to various campus/contracted college locations.
1. Familiarity with one or more of the following business areas: budget and accounting
concepts, human resources management, system account and access management,
or information technology
2. Experience supporting Google apps (including mail, hangouts, calendar, drive, and
3. Experience collaborating with colleagues, stakeholders, and the customer community
to develop training modules
4. Two years of experience in teaching, training development, training delivery, or
5. Experience using a large enterprise resource planning tool in a multi-site educational,
government, or nonprofit organization
6. Familiarity with one or more of the following: developing and maintaining training
videos, screencasts, knowledge bases, online training, documentation repository,
wikis, or learning management system
7. Experience with public speaking
8. Knowledge of and experience with various operating systems and mobile systems,
browsers, online security, and system preferences
Additional Posting Information
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed responses to the (3) Required Questions from the Committee - scroll to see questions below - (attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)*
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
For full application instructions and position description, visit http://pa181.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=55718