Director of Fiscal Services
Director of Fiscal Services
$108,888.00 - $130,018.00 Annually
Plan, organize, coordinate, and direct the fiscal operations of the District; to advise and work collaboratively with the Vice President of Administrative Services on the annual budget preparation; to provide periodic fiscal reports and analysis that impact stakeholders; to participates in maintenance of a system of accounting records; to advise on fiscal matters that impact the District, and to maintain a comprehensive set of controls designed to enhance the accuracy of the institution's reported financial results.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives administrative direction from the Vice President of Administrative Services. Incumbents work within a framework of broadly defined missions of the District.
Incumbents in this classification assign, coordinate, supervise and evaluate the work of others
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Perform the functions of controller of all funds of the district; supervise maintenance of complete records of receipts, expenditures, balances on hand, encumbrances for each budget classification, sources and estimates of revenue, payroll obligation, and other items as required.
2. Hire, train, evaluate, coordinate professional development of manager(s) and staff members.
3. Monitor budgeting, accounting, and business services functions of the organization for financial effectiveness and operational efficiency.
4. Supervise the preparation of financial statements, the maintenance of financial control records and the conduct of internal audits.
5. Assist with preparation of the annual District budget including projection of income and expenditures and preparation and filing of official budget documents.
6. Provide technical information and assistance to the Vice President of Administrative Services regarding the general ledger, reporting, or complex accounting and budget transactions. Collaborate with other managers in the development and implementation of plans, strategies, goals, and objectives of the District.
7. Advocate for policies, procedures and programs relating to fiscal reporting, reporting, and management approval by the Vice President of Administrative Services. Implement policies, procedures and programs related to fiscal reporting and management.
8. Review all state and federal programs, and prepares and signs claims for the collection of funds from state, federal and other agencies as appropriate.
9. Ensure compliance with District policy and procedure and applicable laws and regulations. Monitors compliance with restricted funding sources.
10. Monitor reserve levels in Self Insurance Fund and Self-supporting auxiliary operations.
11. Assist in the creation and presentation of financial status reports, annual budget analysis and ad hoc advice to the Board of Trustees, committees and various stakeholder groups.
12. Serve as subject matter expert of the District's financial reporting system. Assesses efficiency and effectiveness of the system and recommends program changes for improved reporting and transaction recording.
13. Advise the Vice President of Administrative Services and other administrators on financial implications of current and projected contractual obligations.
14. Provide oversight of annual external audit of District funds, including assurance of appropriate internal controls and assist in District's audit response.
15. Perform other related functions as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Copies of transcripts are required with application.
This position is open until filled. First review of applications will begin May 19, 2017.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW