Athletics Graphics Specialist 494911
Athletics Graphics Specialist 494911
Position Type: Staff
Position Number: 494911
Department: Asst Ath Dir Development
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Athletics Graphic Specialist coordinates the graphic design and production of all the Athletics department's publications, including, but not limited to, media guide covers, social media slides, posters, schedule cards, ticket collateral, stationery, flyers and brochures for the Lamar University Athletic Department; production to include all layout and graphic design. Also, responsible for coordinating the printing process with outside printing vendors; other graphic related duties as assigned.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the design and update of special pages for the Athletics Department website. Design graphics for the Athletics Website, Social Media and various publications. Monitor and provide reporting and identity trends for social media (page views, visits, unique visitors, etc.)
2. Work with Athletics Department Staff to develop, maintain and advance the athletic department brand identity through its various printed and digital publications, which include but are not limited to media guides, game programs, posters, tickets and newsletters.
3. Create unique social media content with a focus on in-game and in-venue interaction with potential to integrate sponsored elements.
4. Implement a consistent graphic identity and branding across platforms and teams, in alignment with the Lamar University and Athletics Department design standards.
5. Manage and execute projects ranging from small standalones to comprehensive integrated
6. Manage student graphic design staff.
7. Provide creative support across the athletic department
8. Other duties as assigned
Ability to manage multiple tasks and work in a collaborative setting with different constituencies.
Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, graphic design, art or related field.
Minimum one (1) year related graphic experience.
High level of proficiency in design, web and multimedia software and applications: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
Experience with and knowledge of visual architecture or informational graphics.
Strong design and typography sense.
Able to collaborate widely across teams.
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines, while also being able to strategize for the future.
Strict adherence to established NCAA, Southland Conference, Lamar University and Texas State University System rules and regulations. A violation of these rules and regulations can lead to disciplinary action including termination.
Experience in Collegiate Athletics.
Strong Written and Verbal communication skills.
Ability to work with, and provide for, a wide range of constituents while finding solutions that balance those varying perspectives and needs.
Possess outstanding interpersonal skills.
Schedule flexibility - willing to work nights and weekends as needed.
Able to establish and maintain positive working relationships within the athletic department and external entities.
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas SB 805, Section 657.003.
Security Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Posting Date: 04/24/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit https://jobs.lamar.edu/.
Lamar University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lamar University not to discriminate on the basis of non-relevant criteria including, but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices.