Adjunct Faculty in Nursing - Applied Healthcare Informatics
NOTE: All Applications must include a formatted resume and copies of Unofficial Transcripts and Certifications to receive full consideration.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, inspire, and instruct students in an online environment
- Demonstrate a passion for helping adult students acquire new competencies
- Inspire learning in adults by using real world examples to help them apply their existing knowledge and skills to new situations
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to student success
- Exhibit a desire to adopt and effectively use new technology and tools to enhance the student experience
- Engage students in the online classroom minimally 5 of 7 days per week
- Maintain competence in nursing, nursing education, and adult education by participating in workshops, webinars, conferences, and other professional development activities
- Participate in curriculum development, assessment, and evaluation
- Participate in the development, review, and revision of nursing program academic policies
Education and Licensure Required:
- An active, unencumbered registered nurse (RN) license (compact state preferred), and the ability to obtain RN licensure in additional states
- An earned Master's degree in Nursing (MSN) from a regionally accredited institution is REQUIRED. A Master of Science in nursing education (concentration/emphasis in nursing education with at least 18-semester credit hours (27-quarter credit hours) or a post- masters certificate in nursing education preferred
- Terminal degree or progress towards a doctoral degree in any of the following disciplines, is highly preferred:
- Nursing (PhD or DNP), Education (PhD or EdD) (with concentrations in curriculum and instruction, higher education, leadership or administration, not K-12), or Administration (PhD or DBA) (with concentrations higher education, health care, or business)
- Prospective faculty candidates who are enrolled in a doctoral program (PhD, EdD, or DNP in Nursing, Education, or Administration) from a regionally accredited institution that will be completed within 7 years will be given preference
- Must be Board Certified in Nursing Informatics (American Nurses Credentialing Center), have minimum experience of three (3) years working in Healthcare/Nursing Informatics, or have a Master's Degree or Post-Masters Certificate in Healthcare/Nursing Informatics
- A minimum of five (5) years clinical nursing experience, preferably in diverse care settings
- A minimum of three (3) years in higher education and/or online teaching experience, including curriculum development or analogous experience working with adult learners (e.g., clinical education or corporate training)
- Experience using Blackboard or other web-based learning management system, preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of academic administration
- Demonstrated knowledge of academic technology
- Demonstrated knowledge of academic evaluation
- Proficiency in oral presentation skills, planning and organizing of course objectives
- Must have strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Travel via plane, car, and public transportation is not required to perform this job
- Must be able to lift 1lb.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.