JUNIOR RESEARCH SCHOLAR, NYU School of Professional Studies, Sports and Society Program
JUNIOR RESEARCH SCHOLAR
NYU School of Professional Studies
Sports and Society Program
We are seeking a researcher for the NYU SPS Sports and Society Program. It is an independent think tank based at NYU School of Professional Studies and is also affiliated with the NYU School of Law and the NYU School of Medicine. Sports and Society is responsible for examining the meaning, morality and impact of sports on a global scale in an intensive and interdisciplinary fashion through independent, rigorous research and policy analysis.
This is a full-time research position with a two-year contract pending a successful first year review. Responsibilities include:
• Performing literature reviews, collecting data, and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data for research on topics identified by Sports and Society leadership
• Producing publishable articles and pieces for peer-reviewed journals, and Op-eds
• Identifying research funding opportunities for Sports and Society projects
• Collaborating with senior staff to organize meetings, conferences and research projects
• Providing consultation with industry and government partners as required
Ph.D. or equivalent; expertise in quantitative research and public health, population health, sociomedical sciences or epidemiology preferred.
Applicants should send a cover letter of no more than three pages, CV and three letters of reference electronically to Brendan Parent at email@example.com with ‘NYU Sports and Society Research Scholar Application’ in the heading. Applications will be accepted until May 12, 2017.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Apply for JUNIOR RESEARCH SCHOLAR, NYU School of Professional Studies, Sports and Society Program
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly