Instrument Maker II
Cryogenic Fabrication Group WelderPosition Summary
The Cryogenic Fabrication Group Welder will fabricate, assemble, repair and/or modify assemblies and parts for cryogenic systems, including transfer lines, bayonets, bayonet cans, valve boxes, SC magnets and SRF cryomodules using predominantly GTAW and GMAW.Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Associates degree in Electronics or Mechanics or equivalent combination of related technical training and experience. Three years experience as an Instrument Maker I or equivalent experience in one or more skilled trades areas specific to the job duties to be performed. Thorough knowledge of the methods, materials tools, equipment, occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade areas specific to the job duties to be performed. Ability to design complex parts and assist in the design of precise and complicated instruments and systems. Skill in the use of appropriate tools and equipment. May be required to furnish own tools. May require working in and around X-ray producing apparatus, radioactive materials cryogenic liquids and/or other potentially hazardous materials. Frequent lifting of 26 pounds and over is required.Desired Qualifications
- Certified in B31.3 or the ability to become so in 30 days from date of hire.
- Thorough knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, equipment, occupational hazards and safety precautions of the welding trade specific to the job duties to be performed.
- Ability to read and interpret design and welding criteria from CAD drawings.
- Ability to work independently on projects with minimal supervision.
- Familiar with and able to use basic Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, and Explorer.
- May require working in and around X-ray producing apparatus, radioactive materials, cryogenic liquids and/or other potentially hazardous materials.
- Ability to perform high vacuum welding working with a wide variety of copper base alloys, and all grades of stainless steel and aluminum.
- Ability to perform welding that will withstand high vacuum tests (10-7 Torr), and to withstand extreme thermal shocking from very high temperatures to minus 450o F.
Resume and Cover LetterWork Hours
STANDARD 8-5Summary of Physical Demands
Duties associated with this position may involve lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, and climbing.Bidding Eligibility Ends on 5/2/2017 at 11:55 PM