Technician Temp (P/T Casual), CPTN11183PARTS
Set-up, operate or take down theatrical costumes, lighting, sound and stage equipment, (including sets and props), for Arts Center events (load-ins, rehearsals, performances and load-outs.)
Position Title: Technician Temp (P/T Casual), CPTN11183PARTS
Duties of Position:
- Executing sound plots for theatrical productions.
- Set-up and cable wired and wireless microphones, speakers, direct inputs and other sound equipment.
- Operate sound equipment including mixing consoles, reel-to-reel and cassette tape decks, CD and DAT recorder/players, amplifiers, equalizers, compressor/limiters, and special effects.
- Executing specific stage lighting requirements.
- Hang, circuit, color and focus stage lighting equipment.
- Operate manual and computerized lighting control consoles.
- Set-up and operate follow spots.
- Executing specific stage scenery requirements.
- Set-up and shift scenery, wagons, revolves, etc.
- Operate power driven stage equipment including lifts and winches.
- Operate special effects devices including fog and smoke machines.
- Painting scenery from designer's painter elevations acting as scenic artist.
- Executing special rigging requirements.
- Mount and weight flying scenery, draperies, backdrops, scrims, etc.
- Operate counterweight fly system.
- Executing specific costume requirements, such as stitch and cut, manage wardrobe.
- Act as dresser for rehearsals and performances.
- Executing specific make-up requirements.
- Set-up and operation of projection equipment including slides, film, video, gobos and scene machines.
- Loading and unloading of scenery, props, lights, etc. from vehicles at AC loading dock.
Experience and Education:
6 months experience in an area of technical theatre.
High school graduate.
One year regular experience.
One year college.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Theatrical lighting, sound, stage and costume construction equipment.
Heavy lifting up to 50 lbs., climbing ladders and catwalk.
Department: Performing Arts - PARTS
Position Type: Temporary - TP
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt