Adjunct Faculty: Mathematics
Category: Adjunct Faculty
Department: Mathematics Department
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Apr 25, '17
Type: Adjunct Faculty
Ref No.: ADJ
About Bunker Hill Community College:
BHCC is nationally recognized as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream and is one of four colleges awarded the National Gates Foundation Achieving the Dream Catalyst grant. The College, ranked among the 25 fastest growing public two-year colleges in the United States, is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, MA, in nearby Chelsea, MA, and at three satellite locations within the Greater Boston area. BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. The College offers more than 100 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than fifty percent are women.
- Teach Mathematics courses in the Mathematics Department
- Courses may be offered at any of the BHCC campuses
The Department of Mathematics seeks to hire adjunct instructors that meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of a Master's degree in one of the following fields: Mathematics or Applied Mathematics; Physics; Engineering.
- Applicants with a Master's degree in Education who have completed a minimum of 18 graduate credits in mathematics will also be considered. Applicants must submit their official transcript of record with their application
- Community college teaching experience preferred
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for teaching non-traditional and/or under-prepared students
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting an inclusive environment on campus.
- Evidence of respect for and understanding of people with diverse backgrounds, abilities, and needs.
- Evidence of proficiency with technology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE INVITED TO ATTEND THE ADJUNCT ACADEMY PRIOR TO BEING ASSIGNED COURSES.
Salary: $1,066.00 Per Credit Hour
Effective Date: Fall semester 2017, Open until filled.
Submit a Cover Letter Addressing the Required Qualifications, Resume and Contact Information for 3 References through the URL and please make sure you fill out the online application to: www.bhcc.mass.edu/employment.
Fax transcript files over 2MB's to (617)-228-3328