Print Shop Associate - Level I - Provisional
This class of positions encompasses the performance of entry-level work in the field of college print shop activities. There are two assignment levels within this class of positions. In addition to the following typical assignments, all employees perform other related duties.
Assignment Level I
- Under general supervision, with some latitude for independent action, performs moderately complex reproducing and processing work using a variety of printing, duplicating, reproduction, and auxiliary equipment to produce black and white, halftone, and close register items. Such work includes: setting up and operating to job specifications moderately complex equipment; creating photo offset masters by the photo direct or electrostatic method; performing binding work; collating on automatic collators; also, may lead a small group in printing, collating, and binding work; performing recordkeeping, housekeeping and inventorying tasks.
Assignment Level II
- Under general supervision, with some latitude for independent action, performs moderately complex reproducing and processing work using a variety of printing, duplicating, reproduction, and auxiliary equipment to produce black and white, halftone, and close register items. Such work includes: setting up and operating to job specifications moderately complex equipment; creating photo offset masters using a variety of techniques; stripping line and halftone negatives at close tolerance in exact register; also, may lead a small group in plate making, stripping, binding, printing, and collating; also, may perform minor, routine maintenance and repair work on equipment; also, may supervise the activities of a college graphics area and/or mailroom and messenger services; performs recordkeeping, housekeeping, and inventorying tasks; also, may train print shop staff.
Print Shop Associate
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to and assisting the Print Shop Coordinator supervising staff at multiple locations in the printing and college-wide distribution of documents, including academic department examinations, reports, registration materials, signage, business cards, communications, etc.
Responsible for shredding the records and service calls for copier maintenance for the entire College. Supports the Bursar's office by separating paystubs and putting them in envelops for distribution by the mailroom.
The department is open seven (7) days a week and has extended hours on weekdays. Position may require working extended hours and weekends
- Possession of a high school diploma, or equivalent, preferably from a trade, vocation, or technical school, and
- Two (2) years of experience in printing, duplicating, reproduction, plate making or similar work, or
- A combination of education and/or experience which is equivalent to requirements 1 and 2.
- A degree of manual dexterity and visual acuity is necessary, as is a mechanical aptitude.
Experience in supervision in a College/University high volume reprographics department is preferred.
** 13% new hired suppressed salary in the first two (2) years of service.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Access CUNYfirst Portal
May 29, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Borough of Manhattan CC
Job Title: Print Shop Associate - Level I - Provisional
Job ID: 16684
Full/Part Time: Full-Time