John Jay College of Criminal Justice, a senior college of the City University of New York (CUNY), is an internationally recognized leader in educating for justice, committed to the advancement of justice and just societies. It is a public liberal arts college that enriches the entire learning experience by highlighting themes of justice across the arts, sciences, humanities, and social sciences. Located steps from Lincoln Center at the cultural heart of New York City, the College offers bachelors and masters degrees and participates in the doctoral programs of the Graduate School of the City University of New York. John Jay College is also recognized for serving a broadly diverse student population. Under the leadership of its fourth president, Jeremy Travis, John Jay College has experienced unprecedented faculty hiring, an expansion of its curricular offerings, and the opening in 2011 of a new 600,000 square foot building complete with a black-box theatre, state-of-the-art lab space for students and faculty, a moot courtroom, and a variety of virtual learning settings. As evidenced by so many on-going developments, the College offers its many new faculty and staff the opportunity to shape the future of their institution.
John Jay Online is seeking a Multimedia Developer to spearhead the development of multimedia content for online courses in degree and professional development programs. The Multimedia Developer will work closely with the John Jay Online Instructional Design Team.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Program Development and Technological Innovations, the Multimedia Developer will have the following primary responsibilities in addition to the CUNY Title Overview:
- Assemble multimedia materials (e.g. online tutorials, demos) for training, support, and services in areas of online education.
- Design, develop, and maintain multimedia materials (such as instructional videos, podcasts, interactive tutorials, and graphics) for online courses in collaboration with instructors and other members of the course development team.
- Ensure the acquisition and operation of all hardware and software needed for multimedia development.
- Provide feedback about viewing analytics for Instructional Design team.
- Provide videography and editing services for the John Jay Online Instructional Design Team.
- Run quality assurance for all multimedia content in online courses under construction.
- Serve as a resource to instructors as they develop and deliver their online courses.
- Supervise multimedia assistants, student workers, and interns, when necessary, as they engage in multimedia development activities.
Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required. Master's degree and five (5) years' related experience preferred.
- Fast learner, eager collaborator; meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrated mastery of multimedia software such as Final Cut Pro 10, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Creative Suite, and Camtasia, and teleprompter software (or similar tools).
- Demonstrated proficiencies in video, audio, and photography equipment.
- Portfolio of videography and multimedia design work is required.
- Experience in producing training or education materials; and project management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to be both a team player and an independent worker.
- Outstanding organization, communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with faculty and/or subject matter experts.
- Knowledge of online courseware (e.g. Coursera, Udacity, Khan Academy, etc.).
- Knowledge of learning management systems (e.g. Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas, etc.).
- Experience working with faculty in higher education.
- .Familiarity with assistive technologies, accessibility guidelines, and intellectual property laws.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides expertise in digital and visual communications to support and advance the College's multimedia presence.
- Researches and identifies new multimedia platforms that advance College programs and initiatives
- Works closely with management to understand and produce effective message elements
- Creates and aligns various communication work products such as video, digital formats, layouts, graphics, web pages, and microsites to ensure consistency and effective messaging
- Assesses, enhances and manages the user experience on digital platforms including social media
- Collaborates with graphic designers, webmasters, and other information technology professionals to create comprehensive broadcast and multimedia communications
- Procures required internal and external resources and services and manages their utilization
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary $51,126.00 - $61,593.00
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing the job posting on John Jay College website or in CUNYfirst, please select the "Apply Now" button. If you are viewing the job posting on any other website, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listing"
- Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
- Search by Job Opening ID number "16686"
- Click on the "Apply Now" and follow the instructions
Once you have registered or logged in with your user name and password, upload your cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references as one document.
Review of resumes to begin on May 4, 2017.
Posting closes on May 24, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: John Jay College
Job Title: MultiMedia Developer
Job ID: 16686
Full/Part Time: Full-Time