Hostos is a small college dedicated to creating an educationally rich, friendly, and warm environment. Our faculty and staff will provide you with one-on-one academic support that will help you develop the skills and confidence to achieve your personal and professional goals.
Under the supervision of the Admissions Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- As part of the recruitment/marketing team, assists in recruiting activities at high schools, community outreach events and other appropriate locations.
- Conducts open house sessions and orientations to ensure applicants are fully informed of admissions requirements and processes.
- Participates in the development of new recruitment strategies.
- Works with academic departments to initiate specialized recruitment plans to target special high schools and/or community based organizations to increase the application pool for all college programs.
- Provides general information on programs and services to prospective students in person, by phone or e-mail.
- Develops and monitors statistical reports to enhance recruitment strategies.
- Develops calendar of recruitment activities for on and off campus activities.
- Uses Hobson's to communicate with prospective and newly admitted students to assist with the conversion process.
- Coordinates workshops, intake screenings, interviews and orientation for new students.
- Assists with the Hobson's Community CRM tool for the Admissions Office/College working with other units of the college when needed.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required. Ability to work flexible schedule with some evenings and weekends and to travel in the five boroughs of New York City and/or the tri-state area preferred.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supervises activities in an operational unit supporting Admissions and/or Enrollment.
- Oversees staff activities; plans and monitors employee scheduling and coverage and coordinates training
- Serves as liaison to one or more departments providing student support services, such as Financial Aid
- Coordinates selection process activities such as applications review, verification of information, and timely forwarding of data to other CUNY areas
- Coordinates mailings and other communications
- Monitors activity and reports on both transactions and outcomes
- Completes projects to improve services and enhance productivity and cost-effectiveness
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Admissions Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$49,193 - $56,528; commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and following the links: "Employment" and "Search Job Postings."
Please attach resume, cover letter and three professional references.
May 24, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hostos Community College
Job Title: Admissions Specialist
Job ID: 16503
Full/Part Time: Full-Time