Food-Hub Director - WVU Keyser
Potomac State College of West Virginia University, a location of the WVU system of campuses, invites applications for a Food-Hub Director in Fort Ashby, WV. The Food-Hub Director will lead and coordinate the Sustainable Agriculture Entrepreneurship (SAGE) Food Hub Program and instruct a number of classes. SAGE is a recently added major at Potomac State, with focus on agricultural entrepreneurship and innovative, value-added opportunities that address the changing marketplace in the agricultural landscape.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Develop and manage a food hub facility, including management of facilities planning, equipment needs, field design and implementation.
- Serve as the communications and coordinator for engaging students and the community in agricultural sustainability efforts.
- Manage student-run projects that test market viability and economics, and create community events that promote the SAGE program, and its students.
- Participate in agricultural-related committees, conferences, and related events as needed, including a leadership role in student advisement and advancement.
- Manage the master calendar of the food hub facility, including classes, programs and events.
- Promote agriculture innovation and business models through instruction, hands-on experience, case studies, visiting various farming enterprises, etc.
- Engage and work with other agencies, such as West Virginia Department of Agriculture and others, as opportunities arise.
- Travel to the main Potomac State campus in Keyser, as well as regional travel as needed.
Work Hours: Vary
- Master’s degree related to agricultural food production systems
- Minimum of three (3) years of hands-on experience in a field related to agricultural, environmental, social and economic sustainability
- Experience in event planning and promoting, volunteer coordination and community outreach
- Teaching experience at the college level in agriculture, sustainability and business, and /or professional development
- Experience operating/managing an agricultural-type business preferred
- Background check
- Valid driver's license
Review of applications will begin May 1, 2017 and continue until position is filled.
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Get more details at http://hr.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
: Apr 20, 2017
Posting Classification: FE/AP
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes