Senior Program Coordinator of International Recruitment - Admissions
The Office of Admissions and Recruitment invites applications for the position of Senior Program Coordinator of International Recruitment. This position is responsible for a wide variety of recruitment duties in support of the University’s recruitment plan, specifically regarding international students. The Senior Program Coordinator will serve as a key partner to help develop the strategic plan for recruitment of international applicants with senior leadership. This position reports to the Executive Director of Admissions and Recruitment.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Model the customer service experience to prospective international students and their families, high school guidance counselors, community college advisors, international visitors, etc.
- Provide timely and accurate information to students and families during the admissions process, guiding, directing and counseling them in regard to academic programs, requirements, procedures, etc.
- Communicate with prospective students, their families, guidance counselors, etc. during and after the admissions process via in person visits, phone and email.
- Assist the International Recruitment Team in determining the most effective ways to improve the diversity of the University’s international student body through recruitment, outreach and yield events.
- Maintain a recruitment role within an assigned global territory.
- Travel overseas and locally to recruit and provide information about the WVU recruiting and admission process to attract highly qualified international applicants, including representing WVU at fairs and recruitment events.
- Coach and develop each International Recruiter to design a strategy that expands on current relationships and partnerships within each assigned region, ensuring high recruitment goals are met.
- Work in cooperation with senior leadership and University Relations on the communication plan for the International Unit.
- Serve as the leadership representative and liaison for international recruiting with University departments and colleges across campus.
- Maintain currency in the educational and political climates of international countries and in the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services’ rules and regulations regarding international students and scholars.
- Attend international conferences to stay current in international processes/changes, immigration laws, use of agents, etc.
Work Hours: Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, education, business administration or related field; master’s degree is preferred.
- Four years of experience in international recruitment or college admissions.
- International travel experience is required.
- At least two (2) years of management or supervisory experience
- Knowledge of foreign education and grading systems and the ability to research, evaluate and make decisions on foreign academic credentials
- Knowledge and experience working with international student regulations and procedures or previous experience as a Designated School Official.
- Ability to interact effectively with international students and to understand the various cultural differences involved
- High level of comfort with technology and data in the service of recruitment and outreach goals
- Very strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to interact with all organizational levels both within the University and outside
Preference will be given to applications received by May 15, 2017.
- Background check
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport for international recruiting travel
- Letter of interest
- Three professional references
About WVU At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and Veterans.
: Apr 24, 2017
Posting Classification: FE/AP
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes