Sr. Director of Strategic Training
TCS Education System
TCS Education System is seeking a Senior Director of Strategic Training to join the Retention and Student Support Services department.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Director of Strategic Training include working with department leadership of Admissions, Student Services and Academics to implement best practice strategies that support Admissions and Retention performance. The Senior Director will collaborate with leadership across the system to develop and implement training strategies appropriate to each functional area to support increased performance in the areas of student recruitment, student advising, and retention. The Senior Director of Strategic Training will also provide training and on-boarding of admissions and student services staff across the System. This opportunity is available in the Southern California areas of San Diego, Los Angeles, and Orange County.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering with institutions' Admissions and Student Services departments to effectively manage key aspects of the enrollment funnel, including recruitment, student advising and retention.
- Building relationships to ensure close communication with College Leadership regarding recruitment and retention goals and strategies necessary toward continual achievement.
- Assisting Leadership in developing yearly enrollment and retention plans.
- Engage in analytical, empirical, data-driven approaches to problem solving and decision-making and facilitate a culture of evidence in deploying admissions and student success and retention strategies
- Provide cross-functional training, ongoing professional development and coaching of admissions and student services staff working with students throughout the student lifecycle.
- Have a strong understanding of the entire student lifecycle, including admissions, retention and student success and be able to identify areas of opportunity for training.
- Overseeing and facilitating knowledge sharing to foster a cohesive recruitment and retention environment, being mindful of regulatory and other constraints.
- Tracking/reporting performance of admissions and student service staff while evaluating engagement and measuring effectiveness of training delivered.
- Define opportunities for improved productivity through new strategies and tactics.
- Work in collaboration with Admissions, Student Service, Financial Aid, Student Accounts and Academic departments to increase recruitment, retention, student success and financial literacy.
- Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her organization; knows the competition and is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented.
- Knowledgeable about the entire student lifecycle, including admissions, retention and student success and able to accurately identify areas of opportunity for training.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence in addition to direct supervision.
- Demonstrated ability in developing and managing staff.
- Skilled at establishing clear direction; sets stretching objectives; lays out a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results.
- Relishes leading; encourages direct and tough debate; faces adversity head on.
- Results oriented.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to assist in forecasting for multiple schools across multiple academic calendars.
- Ability to travel 60% and work evenings is required.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of five to eight years of experience in enrollment management with increase in responsibility is required.
- Admissions and/or Continuing Student Management supervisory experience required.
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About TCS Education System:
TCS Education System (TCS) is a nonprofit system of colleges that was launched in 2009 to advance student success and community impact. Currently, the System spans five colleges, campus locations across 12 cities and a community of 21 global academic partners to fulfill the aspirations of nearly 7,000 students. The TCS model provides its colleges with the scale of resources necessary to succeed, including admissions and enrollment operations, finance and accounting, information and learning technology, marketing, strategic planning, compliance and legal services, human resources, and global engagement among other areas of professional expertise. The System was founded on the belief that by sharing administrative resources and allowing colleges to concentrate on providing students with quality, social change-focused education, we can give each member of our community the power to change the world. TCS colleges include The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Pacific Oaks College & Children's School, The Santa Barbara & Ventura Colleges of Law, Dallas Nursing Institute, and Saybrook University.
To learn more, watch our System video and explore our community at www.tcsedsystem.edu.