2YR TERM PROJECT MANAGER - FACILITIES & RE SRVS
Duties: Responsible for the management of design, engineering, legal, construction, and other professionals employed in the planning, design and construction of capital projects.
* Responsible for the administration of financial records, and the development and maintenance of project budgets and reports.
* Responsible for the administration and maintenance of all contract documents, daily work reports, correspondence, change order requests, change orders, and related project documentation.
* Responsible for the verification of work performed and the recommendation for approval and payment of the amounts invoiced on behalf of architects, engineers, attorneys, building contractors, construction managers, and other consultants.
* Coordinate planning, design, engineering, and construction activities with representatives of the Office of the University Architect, Department of Operations & Maintenance and the various University Schools and Centers.
* Coordinate project progress meetings, issue monthly status and financial reports, update construction progress schedules, ensure that proper permits and zoning ordinances are obtained.
* Manage and coordinate the activities of the Project Committee for each project.
* Other duties as may be required.
Position contingent upon funding. This is one-time funding, and new staffing related to these projects will be on a two-year term basis with the potential for extension as the workload requires.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree and 5 to 7 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
BA/BS in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or field related to design/construction management or equivalent work experience may be acceptable. At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience that includes supervision of building renovation and/or new construction projects and capital budget preparation and administration. Personnel management should be well developed. Working knowledge of project management software. Skilled in Microsoft Office and capacity to learn new systems. Management experience of research laboratory projects is preferred.
Proven ability to ensure the highest level of quality and performance standards are achieved in both Design and Construction.
Proven experience managing diverse project teams.
Strong initiative with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, delegate, work independently and/or as part of a team.
Demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills. Think Analytically and strategically. Ability to execute tasks efficiently.
Reference Number: 96-25609
Salary Grade: 028
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Project Management
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: L-Engineering/Construction/Facilities/Maintenance