Senior Construction Administration Manager
Working Title: Senior Construction Administration Manager
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Facilities Management Department
Posting Date: 04-25-2017
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Management is responsible for the day-to-day operation, repair and maintenance of UVA's buildings, infrastructure and grounds, as well as other University-owned and leased properties.
The Health System Division of Facilities Planning and Construction manages the execution of the University's Capital Program within the Health System by:
* Providing leadership to support the development and implementation of projects.
* Assuring appropriate design and construction standards are followed.
* Identifying and implementing opportunities to balance quality and cost of construction with a focus on life cycle costs.
* Continuing to develop innovative best practices for professional and construction services procurement and administration.
* Facilitating the full participation of all stakeholders in the project management process.
The Senior Construction Administration Manager oversees the day-to-day construction activities on complex Health System Division projects from constructability reviews of design to award of Contract through construction and the one-year warranty period. Coordination of all day-to-day activities of a portfolio of complex construction projects will be required of the successful candidate. The incumbent provides leadership and support for successful project completion along with contract administration such as payment to the contract and all phases of construction through one-year warranty period. This position is expected to obtain the highest value return for every dollar spent and provide quality customer service and value through effective and productive construction project management. This posting may also fill a second Senior Construction Administration Manager position in the Academic organization of Facilities Planning & Construction.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Capable of working independently and prioritizing tasks in order to meet the needs of the unit and its customers.
2. Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, Local, and University regulations, as well as applicable trades, building and construction codes.
3. Knowledge of inspection methods and techniques for strict compliance with regulations and applicable codes.
4. Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
5. Ability to review and interpret construction drawings, sketches, diagrams, and specifications.
6. Must be able to review construction documents, contracts, safety codes and project schedules.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81732