Billing Systems Analyst
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Information Technology
Billing Systems Analyst
Position #732988 - Requisition #09319
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Office of Information Technology has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Billing Systems Analyst position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The Office of Information Technology works to advance the University mission by providing innovative technology solutions and services to the CU Denver Anschutz Medical Campuses, their constituents and partners.
Through our six core values, Service, Professionalism, Leadership, Innovation, Community, and Excellence (SPLICE), we make a difference.
Click here to find out more about the Office of Information Technology
The University of Colorado Denver and Anschutz Medical Campus Office of Information Technology (OIT), OIT Finance and Administration division is seeking a full-time Billing Systems Analyst position responsible for the processing of and administrative support of the monthly billing process. This position will be responsible for the monthly upload of all about $400K monthly in billed revenue using OIT's billing system. In addition, the position will be responsible for the strategy, planning, deployment and operational management of the information systems, policies, and procedures that support the billing process in the billing system as well as other system required by the billing process. This position will be responsible for mission-critical systems administration of the OIT billing system, which creates entries in the university's general ledger. This position will serve as a resource to the OIT Director of Finance and Administration and will be working fully independently.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $50,000 - $60,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in business administration, systems administration or other related discipline.
- 2 years of experience providing 1st tier support for a billing system, including trouble-shooting of user issues
Substitution: 4 years of work-related experience in the areas listed above may be substituted for the bachelor's degree.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to travel between campuses (Denver Campus and Anschutz Medical Campus)
- PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- Experience with creating MS Access queries, running MS Access reports and troubleshooting MS Access macros
- Familiarity with higher education accounting processes and procedures
- Experience with advanced SQL queries across multiple platforms
- Ability to understand billing business processes across a larger organization, including billing process optimization, automation of manual processes and follow billing process best practices
- Experience with advanced Excel techniques for working with larger data sets, including lookups, pivot tables and PowerPivot.
- Ability to understand, map and suggest improvements to organizational business processes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Completion university-level accounting courses including a minimum of Accounting I and II.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) in support of business administration processes.
- Knowledge of best practices around billing support processes or other equivalent sophisticated billing systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and respond quickly and efficiently to billing system issues of varying complexity.
- Ability to troubleshoot database query issues of varying complexity.
- Familiar with MS Access database elements.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research & solve complex issues independently
- Possess proven ability to multi-task various duties and assignments while maintaining quality work
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills working with billing system users and stakeholders
- Superior communication skills including the ability to communicate and discuss complex billing or system issues with non-technical staff
- Ability to establish rapport with others and work well as part of a dynamic team
Special Instructions to Applicants:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60131 - ADM-AVCOIT Administration
Posting Date: May 18, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: OIT Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00732988