Visiting Assistant Professor of Japanese
Job Title Visiting Assistant Professor of Japanese
Posting Number 20170028EX
Type of Employment Temporary Full-Time
Position Type Faculty (Non-Tenure-Track)
Department Modern Languages, Department of
This position is a one-year, 9 month position for academic year 2017-18, which will teach 12 hours per semester (service at appropriate level). If a full time, regular position becomes available, applications will be accepted through the standard hiring process.
Minimum Education Requirements
• Ph.D. or ABD in Japanese by June 1, 2017.
Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements
• Native or near-native fluency in Japanese and English with demonstrated interest in literacy analysis.
• Excellent writing skills
• Demonstrated excellence in teaching Japanese
• Ability to teach Japanese language, literature, and culture courses at all undergraduate levels.
Preferred Education and/or Experience Qualifications
• Interest in interdisciplinary teaching, outreach to regional schools, teaching in established study abroad programs.
Posting Date 04/24/2017
Closing Date 05/24/2017