Director, Project Achieve (TRiO Student Support Services)
The Director is responsible for effectively managing staff and monetary resources to meet the goals of a federal Student Support Services/TRiO Grant. The Director is responsible for development, coordination and implementation of all direct services programs as well as all administrative functions related to the project. This position supervises and evaluates three ten-month staff and one twelve-month staff; works closely with various administrative units; manages the budget; plans special events; provides administrative functions such as tracking, evaluating and reporting data and participating in campus-wide committees. The Director serves as a positive, collaborative member of the student affairs and enrollment leadership teams.
- Supervise and coordinate program plan to identify, select and provide support services for first-generation, low-income and students with disabilities that lead to retention, good academic standing, and graduation.
- Prepare, monitor, and manage program budgets to ensure compliance with federal and university regulations. Complete reports, communications, and annual federal reports in an accurate and timely manner. Maintain a roster of current program participants and simultaneously keeping archival records for 7 years. Work with campus and stand-alone data bases in order to access student records, develop reports, and gather information to evaluate program effectiveness.
- Collaborate with staff and the university community in order to develop a student agenda that promotes persistence, good academic standing and graduation within six-years.
- Network with community organizations, regional organizations, foundations, and other programs serving under-represented students.
- Promote TRiO program and spotlight student successes. Promote access to advanced learning opportunities and make presentations to varied constituents.