Assistant Director of International Enrollment Management
The English Language Center (ELC), located on the campus of the University of Denver, is an intensive English program (IEP) for international students. The ELC has been preparing students to be successful members of the University of Denver and other U.S. institutions of higher education for over 40 years. With the benefits of a major metropolitan area and easy access to the outdoor adventures of the Rocky Mountains, the ELC offers students a unique, supportive, and immersive educational experience.
Reporting to the Director of the English Language Center, the Assistant Director of International Enrollment Management (IEM), will help plan and carry out a robust IEM strategy for the program, including marketing efforts, direct recruitment, social media engagement, CRM integration, sponsoring agency relationships, and strategic partnership development. This is a two-year appointment with the potential for extension.
- Ongoing development of marketing materials, including print materials, website, digital publications, and online lead generating portals.
- Development, implementation, and management of communication plan, utilizing Slate.
- Development, implementation, and management of social media strategy.
- Development, implementation, and management of alumni engagement strategy.
- International travel and representation at fairs/expos.
- Assist with regular site visits to sponsoring agencies, cultural missions, etc.
- Assist with developing/maintaining strategic partnerships.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability and the initiative to work independently and creatively with minimal supervision in a team setting in a seasonally busy and time-sensitive environment.
- Strong interpersonal/intercultural communication skills, flexible work style, strong grammar, writing and editing skills.
- Ability to travel and work internationally, communicating with international populations from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to interact with a variety of constituents and stakeholders, both on and off campus.
- Ability to represent the English Language Center and University of Denver to prospective students, parents, sponsors, and other key constituents.
- Ability to manage content and critically assess what is being communicated with prospects.
- Ability to independently assess opportunities and situations and provide reasonable solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to create and interpret IEM analytics.
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least 3 years of work experience in higher education or in an IEP focusing on English for academic purposes.
- At least 1 year of IEM/international recruitment experience in higher education or with an IEP focusing on English for academic purposes.
- At least 1 year of experience with marketing and social media engagement.
- International travel experience.
- Knowledge of or previous formal study of a second language.
- MA TESOL or Master's degree in a related field.
- 3-5 years of IEM/international recruitment experience in higher education or with an IEP focusing on English for academic purposes.
- 1-2 years of experience working with a customer relations management (CRM) system.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., some evenings and weekends required
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Tuesday, May 10, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. For questions about this position, please contact
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.