Single Stop Coordinator for Regional Centers (Part-Time)
Community College of PhiladelphiaCommunity College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Single Stop Coordinator for Regional Centers (Part-Time) position. Under the guidance of the Project Director, the Single Stop Coordinator for Regional Centers is responsible for providing public benefit assessment, education and application assistance to student clients at the College's Regional Centers, as well as providing support connecting students to other Single Stop services. In addition, this position assists the Project Director in outreach efforts and connects client students with other services within the local community and departments at the College. This position is primarily located at the College's Northwest Regional Center, but requires travel to all College Regional Centers as needed.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree required. Any and all degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Two years (2) of direct and social services counseling experience required.
• Experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment with the ability to perform several tasks concurrently, keep organized and detailed records, complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines required.
• Must be professional and a team player; superb attention to detail and critical thinking skills required.
• Excellent public speaking skills with outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
• Proficiency with database management, as well as Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Must possess a valid driver's license and access to a personal vehicle, as travel between sites is required.
• Ability to work flexible and evening hours, as needed, required.
• Ability to work independently and use independent judgment in making administrative/ procedural decisions with minimal supervision required.
• Experience in social services counseling with an emphasis in benefit access, housing and/or advocacy preferred.
• Experience working with large client population strongly preferred.
• Bilingual in Spanish or Vietnamese preferred.