Technician, Information Center
The Student Services Information Center is a one stop point of communication for all students in the college community. As such, providing friendly, knowledgeable and professional customer service is a key function of the technician in promoting the college's strategic plan and enrollment initiatives, thus promoting a student centered culture.
Examples of Duties:
- Provides support to all future and current students in online appointment scheduling and directing students to appropriate staff person upon arrival.
- Provides excellent customer service to inbound and outbound phone activity in responding to operator calls via the Phone Attendant Console and Information Center phone extension, including voice mail.
- Is knowledgeable about the college's procedures, registration cycles, and provides support of website and portal navigation in the Student Services lobby, so that customers are acquainted with basic functionality of the RCGC portal (including, but not limited to, registering for courses, checking financial aid status, term bill and payment information).
- Performs a variety of office duties and is proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, including the ability to create a variety of documents, forms and mail-merge with a high degree of accuracy.
- Supports student enrollment through the processing of photo identification cards, issuing parking decals, entering prospects into the Banner administrative system, responding to inquiries and reaching out to students via phone campaigns and bulk mailing functions.
- Acts as a mentor to student workers who support enrollment by assisting students in building their schedules at the computer pods located in the lobby, hosting groups on campus and providing campus tours, and assembling folders and recruitment literature.
- Fosters a welcoming atmosphere in the Student Services reception area by greeting students at the central Information Center counter, reception desk or by circulating the computer pods.
- Supports recruitment events by assisting with campus tours and a variety of recruitment events, both on and off campus.
- Performs other related duties assigned.
- High school diploma; Associate's Degree preferable
- Highly proficient in Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Excel) with knowledge of Banner Self-Serve
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Strong oral and written communication skills utilizing independent judgment and discretion in all interactions with students and staff
- Willingness to work flexible schedule with variable hours and some evenings and weekends
- Strong customer service/organizational skills and ability to handle fast-paced office
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with a diverse student population
- Strong commitment to a comprehensive community college philosophy and a student-centered learning environment
Women and Minorities Encouraged to Apply
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies