Field Service Engineer
Center for Computer Resources has over 35 years experience helping small businesses in Michigan with their IT services. We offer a stable work environment, with excellent benefits, in a fun and lively environment.
CCR is looking for a highly organized individual to join our team of Field Service Engineers out of our Petoskey, MI office. Our clients rely on us to help them with their IT needs covering a broad range of technologies. If you have the drive to learn and a strong work ethic, then we want to hear from you.
JOB TITLE: FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER
General Summary: This is an entry level position. The Field Service Engineer is responsiblefor handling onsite support and escalations of service requests from the helpdesk and our NOC team. This relates to all technology, to include:workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware andsoftware.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life, 401k
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications and operating systems.
- Support of backup solutions, and recovery/restoration of data/environments.
- Advanced technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, Layer 2/3 switches, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Advanced remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, following up on assigned tickets to closure in ConnectWise.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Fast turnaround of customer requests.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Work with the Service Lead and Service Coordinator to ensure requests are resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Escalate or work with other Engineers to resolve service requests that require assistance to resolve.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs.
Key Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. They are all preferred, but not required.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Experience or knowledge with Cisco and HP switches
- Experience or knowledge with Cisco Firewalls/Routers
- Experience or knowledge with Sonicwall Firewalls.
- Experience or knowledge with VMware up to version 6.0
- Experience or knowledge with Windows Servers
- Experience or knowledge with Microsoft Exchange
- Experience or knowledge with Office 365
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of advanced technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
This is a salaried position. The salary range is flexible based on experience. Candidates must be available from 8am to 5pm on weekdays, and should expect occasional additional payed hours on weekends. The position is also required to participate in an engineer on-call schedule. Travel may be expected around the Detroit Metropolitan area. You should have a reliable means to travel.
Center for Computer Resources is a technology services provider focused on solutions for small to medium size businesses from 3-300 PCs. CCR is a recognized industry leader in consulting, implementation, support and training for Office 365. CCR has certifications for Microsoft, Citrix, VMware and Hewlett Packard. Celebrating our 35th year in providing real world solutions for our clients.
Sat, 22 Apr 2017 04:58:45 PDT