Assistant Director for Employer Relations
Assistant Director for Employer Relations
Bastian Family Career Center
Knox College invites applications for the position of Assistant Director for Employer Relations for the Bastian Family Career Center. This is a full-time, 12-month position reporting to the Assistant Dean/Director of the Career Center with an expected start date of June 1, 2017.
The Assistant Director will engage alumni in providing networks and support to undergraduates; develop and cultivate internships and full-time opportunities with employers, alumni and parents; establish innovative programming to advance the career development of students; and serve as an integral team member in the Center. The Assistant Director will collaborate with the Director to provide direction, strategic planning and goal setting, programming, and delivery and evaluation of comprehensive career and internship services.
Reporting to the Director of the Bastian Family Career Center, this newly-created position will initiate and maintain relationships with prospective employers and partners in order to develop employment and internship opportunities for Knox College students.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for building and facilitating connections leading to the recruitment of Knox College students; assess and refine the plan annually.
- Increase the number of quality employment and internship opportunities by continuous development of relationships, both locally and nationally, with corporations, small businesses, and non-profit organizations.
- Build connections with faculty, staff, parents and community partners to maximize employment and internship opportunities for Knox College students.
- Work collaboratively with the Associate Director of Alumni Engagement to cultivate employment and internship opportunities via our alumni network.
- Actively identify and promote employment and internship opportunities to students.
- Develop programming to enhance student skillsets related to the job and internship application process.
- Work collaboratively as a team member with the Associate Director and the Office Coordinator of the Career Center and also within the Division of Student Development.
- Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred.
- At least three years experience in consultative sales, recruitment, or higher education in either Career Services, Admissions, or Alumni Engagement.
- Excellent public speaking and customer service skills with an ability to establish rapport with stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Desire to work with college students, particularly students from traditionally underrepresented populations (i.e., first-generation students, students from low-income households, students of color and/or LGBT students}.
- Possibility for a suitable candidate to work remotely, with availability to attend some campus meetings and events as required, including a few evenings and weekends.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, Knox College Employment Application and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Employment Application may be found at www.knox.edu.
Knox College is a nationally ranked, private, residential liberal arts college of 1,400 undergraduate students located in Galesburg, Illinois. Founded in 1837 by social reformers strongly opposed to slavery, Knox was one of the first colleges in the United States open to all, regardless of race, gender, and financial means. With a campus population of remarkable diversity that includes students from 48 states and 51 countries, significant representation of first-generation college students, and substantial cultural and racial-ethnic diversity, Knox is a vibrant and creative community.
In keeping with its commitment to equal rights since it was founded in 1837, Knox College particularly welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups. Knox College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender identity or expression, race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation or affectional preference, age, marital status, disability or other irrelevant factors in admission, financial aid, employment, athletics or any of its educational policies and programs.
Apply for Assistant Director for Employer Relations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly