Information Systems and Technology – Faculty – Full-time
PURPOSE OF JOB
- To teach coursework in Information Systems Development / Computer Programming as primary job function.
- Ability to teach Information Technology or Information systems Security coursework a plus.
- Assist in development of bachelor's degree curriculum and provide training and student support resulting in graduates who meet entry and mid-level employment criteria for positions in the Information Systems and Technology field.
50% Teaching Effectiveness
40% Curriculum & Assessment
5% Extracurricular Activities.
5% Team/Institution/Outreach to Community.
Minimum Master’s of Science Degree in field: Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems and Communications, Computer Science.
- Course related certifications a plus:
- Microsoft Developer
- Java Developer
- MS SQL / Oracle
- Mobile Developer
State Teaching Certification not required.
Minimum of four year’s full-time work experience in computer field.
Teaching experience a plus.
Must have education and work experience to demonstrate competency to teach coursework in 2 of the three areas of: Information Technology, Information Systems Development and/or Security Forensics.
- Introduction to Java I
- Java II
- Game Development – 2D, 3D, Virtual Reality (Unity Technology)
- Database Management / Database Development
- IT Project Management
- Software Testing
- Web Development and SEO Management
- Information Systems Management
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Problems in Information Systems
- Business Intelligence (BI)
The faculty office schedule covers the ten hour period between
7:00 am – 5:00 pm for day classes. Full-time Faculty are scheduled to
work a nine hour schedule within this time period. The majority of these
hours require the faculty member to be on campus to full fill their
duties of instructing classes, office hours for students, tutoring hours,
and time required for department/staff and committee meetings.
Faculty are permitted to go off-site to complete grading, write curriculum,
etc. as their schedule permits. Faculty working off-site must notify
their Academic Chair that they will be working off-site.
Annual position salary range - $58,680 - $86,340
Full-time – 40 hour work week
Medical/vision/dental/long-term disability/life insurance
Paid Time Off Days
Paid Sick Bank
Employee Assistance Program
Work/Life Balance programs
- Must pass criminal back ground check prior to starting position.
- Actual related teaching experience is doubled in value when awarding credit for years of work experience.