University Registrar (University Assistant Administrator)
The University Office of the Registrar is responsible for coordinating and regulating policies and procedures of the Registrar's Offices at CUNY's colleges and schools and ensuring that the University's students are provided with consistent, high quality services aligned with CUNY's efforts to maximize student success.
The City University of New York is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to assume the position of University Registrar. As a senior member of the University's Office of Academic Affairs, reporting to the Senior University Dean for the Executive Office and Enrollment, the University Registrar will be responsible for all administrative, technical and operational functions of the Registrar's Office, while working closely with various academic and administrative departments at the University.
While the University Registrar does not have operational responsibility for the various Registrars' offices, s/he will play a leadership role in planning, organizing and managing all activities related to student records, course and classroom scheduling' registration for courses; enrollment verification; graduation certification; web based attendance and grade systems and day to day operations of the Registrar's Office at the University Management Office. Other areas of oversight will include, but not necessarily limited to: degree audit/academic advisement implementation; transfer credit evaluation; grading policies; attendance; transcripts; and adherence to academic policies determined by campus governance. The Registrar in this position will act as a liaison to the campus Chief Academic Officers in areas where academic policies converge with registration tasks.
The University Registrar will play a key role in the University's implementation of an enterprise-wide ERP system (CUNYFirst). CUNY is currently supporting the use of Degree Works and Resource 25. The incumbent will also support links to the admissions and financial aid systems managed centrally, as well as those existing on individual campuses. In addition, the University Registrar will work closely with the University's Central CIS operations in regards to the implementation and successful operation of all related software.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serves as an expert resource for new, innovative advances in technology as applied to the Registrar's Office. Leads the University's development, implementation and oversight of use of technology to enhance student experience at the University.
- Defines and develops core business processes, policies and procedures to lead the administrative and operational activities of the Registrar's Office.
- As a custodian of the Student Information system, develop and implement, administrative policies, procedures and technology to facilitate the timely, accurate and efficient delivery of services.
- Serves as the primary liaison between CUNY administration and colleges in matters relating to curriculum, academic standards, interpretation of transfer credit and graduation to ensure compliance with University policies.
- Directs and leads the University Registrar's Office, managing professional and administrative staff.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and eight years' relevant experience required.
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and professional attributes:
- Eight years of progressively responsible experience in college registration, including computerized registration systems, required.
- Proficiency in national standards for academic records, policy and procedures.
- Knowledge of record retention policies; data privacy policies and procedures (FERPA), AACRAO guidelines, and federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Experience in working with complex software and data based systems associated with registration in relation to established academic programs of study in a University setting.
- Knowledge of higher education procedures, systems and operations and thorough understanding of links between admissions and financial aid systems.
- Commitment to providing the highest level of support and assistance to all CUNY colleges.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, analytical and operations assessment skills.
- Ability to work within a complex and growing organizational system as a key member of a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills, with ability to lead and manage teams, and use strategic and tactical judgment to make decisions and handle various situations.
- Strong analytical, computer, and financial analysis skills with experience analyzing data and budgets to drive decision-making.
- Exceptional writing, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to produce results as an individual contributor and as part of a team.
- Strong presentation, consultation and group facilitation skills with experience presenting to a wide variety of audiences including executives.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to independently establish plans and successfully execute multiple assignments with conflicting priorities and concurrent deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively and collaboratively with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
University Assistant Administrator
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
For full consideration, submit a cover letter and rsum online via CUNY's web-based job system, addressing how your experience and credentials fulfill the responsibilities and qualifications outlined.
The direct link to the job opening from external sources is:
Open until filled; the review of applications will begin on or after March 6, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Executive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Central Office
Job Title: University Registrar (University Assistant Administrator)
Job ID: 16402
Full/Part Time: Full-Time