Responsible for all aspects of the administration of the payment plan and collection of past due student receivables. Assists the Bursar in supervising the revenue function of the College; providing accurate accounting and reporting of financial information in compliance with College, State, and Federal standards. Develops a positive environment of high quality customer service, efficient operations, and continuous improvement in the Business Office.
Examples of Duties:
1. Collects outstanding student receivables including, but not limited to:
- Preparing delinquencies reports
- Billing students
- Working with students to set up payment plans
- Sending accounts to collection agency
- Maintaining system records for accounts placed with collection agency
- Researching and collecting on returned checks/ACHs, including system updates and student notification
- Researching and verifying end of year write-off accounts and amounts
- Heading collection agency transition project when applicable
2. All aspects of the College's payment plan including, but not limited to:
- Setting up the base plans in the software package each semester prior to billing
- Setting up students needing assistance during registration
- Assisting in training staff in new software
- Monitoring plan and collecting on delinquent accounts
- Setting up custom plans as needed
- Testing of software upgrades as it relates to the payment plan
3. Assists Bursar in overseeing revenue related activities including accounts receivable systems.
4. Assists in management of Business Office activities, including: scheduling, customer service, and continuous improvement.
5. Works with the Financial Aid office and return of Title IV changes to shift responsibility from the institution to the student.
6. Provides back-up support to Business Office when needed.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in Accounting/Finance. Bachelor's degree in similar field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Two (2) years directly applicable administrative, supervisory, and high volume cash transaction.
- Two (2) years collections experience.
- Computer experience – Microsoft Office
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with automated accounting systems required – SCT Banner desirable
- Demonstrates cultural competence, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff and a commitment to a student-centered environment.
Women and Minorities Encouraged to Apply
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.